Fireworks

Does everyone know about the Pittsburgh fireworks tomorrow? They had some at the Light the Night Walk last night, and they mentioned about tomorrow’s celebration of Pittsburgh’s 250th anniversary. Supposed to launch from 17 different locations.

PITTSBURGH – Organizers said the fireworks celebrating the City of Pittsburgh’s 250th anniversary on Saturday will be the largest display ever in the city.

More than 100,000 people are expected to attend the day-long celebration that kicks off a year’s worth of anniversary festivities.

Zambelli Fireworks’ first load arrived at the city on Tuesday. They were loaded onto barges near the West End Bridge.

Zambelli will launch the rockets from 17 locations including barges moored on the city’s three rivers, a bridge, PNC Park, five downtown skyscrapers and three other “surprise” locations. The event is expected to start at 9:45 p.m.

The city was founded Nov. 25, 1758 when British troops occupied Fort Duquesne, but organizers chose to start the year-long celebration in October in hopes of better weather.

Hopefully some buddys and I will park at millvale and bike down the rail trail. Its going to suck to drive!

Been hearing 45 minutes of the works :cool:
“17” locations should be worth it.
best part free :rofl:

Can’t go wrong with PGH fireworks.

Haven’t heard anything about them, but I work in the Gateway towers and they were just testing off the fireworks like 20 minutes ago.

I’ll be somewhere watching them.

Done that for 4th of July several times. With our trail system thats the only way to fly!

I live 3 blocks from the West End Overlook… I should charge for parking!

http://www.imaginepittsburgh.com/PghCelebrates250.asp

I was thinking about heading down for this. I hadn’t read anything on it, but it sounds pretty damn impressive.

hrm, i work till 7 and will be int he North Side(Alleghney Center), temped to just stay, have marge come down and walk around till it starts.

going to head down to the point after flashlight drags…

Pittsburgh 250 News Contact: Beverly Morrow-Jones, 412-325-0294
For Immediate Release Lynne Glover, 412-325-0295

“Imagine Pittsburgh” Fireworks Spectacular to
Feature Record 14 Launch Positions

PITTSBURGH – Residents of Pittsburgh and the surrounding region have witnessed many magnificent Zambelli displays. And, the pyrotechnical masterpiece, “Imagine Pittsburgh” that has been created for October 4, is a spectacular that the late George Zambelli, Sr. would have called his “dream production!”
The record 14 launch positions (exceeding the 10 launch positions in ‘Millennium Pittsburgh’) will be the largest number in the country. The theatrical production will launch at 10 p.m. and will be choreographed to a soundtrack by Pittsburgh Born & Bred artists and broadcast on KDKA-Radio and WTAE-TV.
Imagine the City of Pittsburgh as the theater with the Golden Triangle as the “birthday cake” and its tallest buildings (USX, PPG, Two PNC, One Mellon, Fifth Avenue Place) as “candles” while the first ever “Fire on the Three Rivers” launches from seven barges powered by Consol Energy and positioned on the Monongahela, Allegheny and Ohio Rivers. The Gateway to the West – the West End Bridge – has not been used as a launch position since 2002 and will carry the Zambelli signature “Niagara Falls” and a rainbow of Roman candles, while special effects will launch from PNC Park.
The late George Zambelli, Sr., who referred to Pittsburgh as his family’s hometown, was an innovator extraordinaire in the fireworks industry, and was the first to choreograph displays to music. That tradition will be carried on as the “Birthday Celebration” fireworks will be choreographed to fantastic music celebrating local and national Pittsburgh artists.
The story of Zambelli Fireworks Internationale is a true American story of hard work and global success. In 1893, Antonio Zambelli immigrated to New Castle, PA from Italy. His son George began working with his father at age seven and eventually grew the business to become the recognized leader in the pyrotechnics industry. The Zambelli work has been seen in thousands of displays throughout the world including Times Square, Mount Rushmore, “Thunder Over Louisville,” and in special exhibits for every U.S. President since John F. Kennedy.

Going to be watching them from the air. We are gonna go fly around the point while they are shooting them off. (Get your rocket launchers ready) i will know where all the Hidden launch points are on top of the buildings before they launch them. It is an interesting view having them come up at you.

gonna try and make it down after the fld. sounds like fun

Fireworks = Rice

Fireworks are unnecessary lighting, and therefor rice. Much like under body neons…

So I was thinking about heading down to Pittsburgh, but I won’t be heading down until about 9 and I will have 4 carloads with me. Where do you think would be the best or easiest place to take everyone?

Stadium Parking lots. Everyone fights for parking downtown to get to the point and up on Mt washington. The North shore will give you some good views and a lot more space.

^ Thanks!

if it’s 4 carloads of hot girls, you should probably stop at my house. :x:

I will hopefully be down at the point tonight.

i was thinking about trying to go to mt washington… would this not be a good idea?

how good is the parking up there anywyas… i have only been there just a few times