First 700whp tune.

We are just looking for a trap speed indicative of the power. I fully realize that the car won’t hook.

There are plenty of other morons that think like that as well on this site

helllllllloooooooo

Hes got enough nos in there to blow himself up, period!

I know this parts list wont mean shit to many of you, but im just gonna post it up in case there are any pertinent questions about the car while i have some time this evening.

Buschur spec 2.0 stage 3 block j&e pistons/ crower rods
Buschur stage 3 head (fully ported, with upgraded springs and retainers)
Buschur intake manifold fully ported
Buschur BF 272 intake and exhaust cams
Buschur 65mm throttle body
Buschur 4 inch race intercooler with Garrett Core
Buschur intercooler piping
Buschur full exhaust, no cats
Sparktech ignition
Turbo trix tubular t3 ramhorn exhaust manifold
Forced performance hta3586
1600cc injectors
BR double pumper
agency power fuel rail
Aem ems
Exxedy triple disc clutch
shep stage 3 tcase with wavetrac diff
ARP mainstuds and MAP ultimate duty L19 headstuds
stock suspension (have some tein s-techs sitting in the garage, but am feeling lazy)
full interior

maybe forgetting some stuff, i dunno. hope this parts list helps

K, since nobody is posting a dyno graph, ill post mine

This was done with my Duramax at J and S dyno, i highly doubt the beef up their numbers, way legit!
(jason and steve this is not a jab at you, but me making fun of a ra tard under the name danl)

this is why when we bought a dyno, we went with a dynojet…industry standard, only minor variations from one dynojet to the next, and no gear correction factors to fuck with, only SAE correction and genuine power output corrections.

the sad part is, we still had people all the time that would claim our dyno read low every time they weren’t happy with their readouts. then they would go and take it to stropes or another dynojet and realize that it’s not the dyno, just that their cars sucked.

but in all honesty, i know all shops get hated on. i really don’t know who the fuck J&S is other than the dude who bought travis’s car, and i wouldn’t let him tune one of my cars, just because i really haven’t seen shit that he’s built…but good god. Danl is just an asshole. lay the fuck off the dude already…

If I remember right Nick Andy’s car made 701awhp at the 08 shootout and ran a 10.01(not sure of the mph). So just because it made said hp doesn’t mean it will run a specific time. And I believe Kurt’s car made 63Xwhp on the wyotech dyno before a cam change and a few other things so I really doubt Jay’s numbers are inflated.

lol… was reading this and thought… wtf… i didnt know mex dyno’d his truck… then i scrolled down… and lol’ed… almost cried.

i knew you would enjoy this!

Might want to find out the gearing on that car, its not the same as a stock evo.

Yes, but I believe both pumps were working then.

Dan, the car made 643 on 2 pumps with 65% IDC on SBRs dyno. It made 690 on 1 pump at 99.9IDC with 1600s. I asked Nate that day how he thought we could have made power like that on one pump he said it was becuause the injectors were taking it up. If you look at the graph we went almost mid 13:1 on that setup at the top of the pull. I didn’t get to look in the car at fuel pressure but i’m pretty sure we were losing it. The car never knocked so we kept going.

I’m sorry you can doubt those numbers on a single pump all you want but I can tell you that between the 649 setup and the 690 setup we changed cams (properly degreed), increased boost from 36 to 42psi, and had run completely out of injector.

Curt Brown dyno’d his 1g that day and went home because he said numbers were too low. You can doubt it if you want but the car pulled a lot harder when I left there than when it was dyno’d the last time at 643 but it was probably wrong then too what do I know, I own a bike.

FYI the runs I made at keystone have nothing to do with the pulls I made on the dyno for those that like to laugh at the runs I made, I could care less what you think.

Orr89 was at dyno day same day kurts talon was there. Justin do you feel your numbers were higher than they should of been?

I dont go by dyno numbers with a high stalled non lock up automatic trans car because the converter will never transplant the true hp/tq figures to the ground. The only thing I dont like about J&S mustang dyno is that its speed pickup is RPM based matching with vehicle speed… Basically you set it at like 3000 rpm or something like that. You get the car running about 3000 rpm and then match the tach onthe dyno to that rpm. I think thats how they did it. There was no plug wire pick up like a dyno jet.

With my super loose converter last year, it didnt match speeds well and the dyno run showed torque/hp crossing at a lower 4000 or 4200 rpm range instead of the 5252 rpm spot that it should have been at. Numbers wise, the power seemed ok for my combination, its just the rpm scale didnt seem to match where the motor was operating. Combo is suppose to peak in the 5500-5600 range. Simple miscue of matching the dyno to the cars rpm, and with that high stall converter, its so easy to slip it to 3000 rpm but tire speed/mph is not equal to what 3000 rpm would do for that gear ratio. So i can see why the difference.

Numbers were about where I expected and about what Quik even guessed before my first run based off my trap speeds and weight from few days before. It did 635 uncorrected on 12 psi and I think quik guessed 640, while I was thinking more like 650-660. The torque was abit odd tho, it said over 1000 on all 3 pulls with highest being around 1084 i think. That I think was due to the converter spike.

My last combination was 400whp on hybrid dynamics dynojet, and I sprayed a 150 shot and trapped a best of 128 with full bottle/higher pressure with most near 127mph. Thats a guess at 500-520whp for that weight. Another 100hp with my boosted setup and abit more car weight easily puts me in the 137-139 range where it ran on 12psi.

I actually expect my new tighter converter to put down more hp and a more accurate trq curve even tho ET/MPH’s havent changed so far on same boost/tune

I’d like to ask DAn a question.

What kind of power would you expect my car to make with an 88lb/min turbo running 42psi with 0 knock and over 26 degrees timing. I mean if your fuel pump theory and dyno inflation theory were to be correct, don’t you think that I would have seen knock from lack of fuel pressure at those pressure levels? I would think that if your theory about my fuel pump were correct that not only would I not even be capable of sustaining such pressure without detonation, that the car shouldn’t have even made an entire pull.

I have the log, AEM 5 bar read 42psi.

This is worse than evom

Damn! This shit is crazy.

I agree… that is a terribly inaccurate way to compare a cars before/after modifications on the same dyno, they really need to get the RPM sensor working.

I also have a log somewhere from the night before the Dyno when dave and I were testing that shows 62-101mph in 2.2 seconds on one fuel piump. Not sure what kind of power it takes to do that in an AWD but I’m betting close to thd 650 it made on the first pull. Just saying.

HP Numbers aside this is the comment I have a problem with:

Kurts talon didn’t have enough fuel to support that pull, that is a fact.

I’m sorry but that would also mean I wouldn’t have enough fuel to support 42psi on an 88lb/min. Now I have an uncalibrated maf still so I understand the numbers are inflated about 10% or so from my calculatoins but DSMLink was showing:

4761.8 hz
791 gm/sec
5.61gm/rev

Would a single walbro be able to support that? I can tell you it did. Not only that but when I asked around on the Link forums about Walbro #'s I found that I wasn’t the only one making close to 700 on a single pump there were 2 or 3 other guys on that forum alone that made more power than I did on mustang Dyno’s on a single pump without nitrous.

This is what I get out of this thread

1. DANL is friends with Evo green kid

2. Evo green kids car “smokes”
    3 . Without tearing apart the car you deducted that the “smoking” is a “cracked ringland”

3. “Cracked ringland” is our tunes fault.

4. “Cracked ringland tune” means we inflate our dyno numbers

5. DANL is set against proving every dynograph is wrong since we inflate out numbers

6. Asian dan AKA 2ss dan is mad I never called him back the night after