First 700whp tune.

Street tune FTW

Kurt, you know I like you, but 690 on a single walbro even at 13:1, holy fuck. That second pump had to be working to NOT lean out more than 13:1 at 42psi. When I kill a single walbro it goes lean and lean in a hurry and I’ve yet to go that much north of 30psi. I can see 700 wheel with a boost a pump, you sure those guys weren’t using that?

I’m done posting until somebody post up a dyno sheet. I’ve pissed off enough friends already trying to do some math to see if the #'s work out because of the lack of a sheet. I hope the car made 710whp and makes it to the track and puts down respectable times.

I understand the loose converter problem. However isn’t this a huge issue if doing a manual car? Since HP is a function of RPM and if you shifted torque higher you would have a higher HP number than you could have otherwise reasonable expected? If the dyno software doesn’t know your engine speed how can it properly calculate hp?

didn’t you just say you were done posting douchebag?

Regardless of power you think it should have made, fact is the car made all its pulls above 40psi on one pump without knocking…700hp or not. That being said I see no reason (pump withstanding) to think it didn’t make 700whp that day considering on SBRs dyno it made 650 at 7psi less, the wrong undegreed cams (fp3xs vs fp4rs now actually degreed) and colder air. Like I said, log showed 65%idc at 650whp and 100%@700whp. Seems spot on to me.

When I started reading this thread about tuning and saw how fast it blew up to 14 pages, I was sure the Griz was up in this bitch starting shit. I was wrong.

Just some no name douche canoe spouting off this and that trying to make his internet DSM cock look bigger.

Although, turbob16 is kind of a faggot so I’ve been chuckling through this whole tread whether he’s guilty or not.

I understand the loose converter problem. However isn’t this a huge issue if doing a manual car? Since HP is a function of RPM and if you shifted torque higher you would have a higher HP number than you could have otherwise reasonable expected? If the dyno software doesn’t know your engine speed how can it properly calculate hp?

This is an interesting point because yes the mustang dyno calculates hp from a known torque value and an RPM. It gets that rpm from the roller that is supposed to be synched to the engine speed. I am not 100% sure how the dyno worked but I have video of my pulls and it watches the computer screen the whole time. It appears to be matched to the motor rpm at around 2800 rpm on the tach on the screen, but the actual digital readout shows closer to 2100 rpm. That has to be because the converter was slipping and thus the rpms were off.

YOu can see on my last run the dyno screen shows let off around 4900-5000 rpm when my log shows closer to 5600-5700 since my converter stalls at 5400 that year.

Thinking of this now, if roller speed was lower than the actual speed of the motor and using the hp/tq equation (hp=torquerpm/5252), it would make LOWER hp numbers. But I dont think this is the case, because hp and torque were equal in the 4200-ish rpm range instead of the normal 5252 rpm range. So its equation must have been something like (hp=torquerpm/4200). I think the power curve may be correct but the scale is just off. For some reason I think the dyno software may correct itself to calculate the hp numbers. It knows hp and trq are equal at 5252 and when it does not show up on the run, it scales the equation to match the lower rpm scale.

I dont have my graph on me right now, its back in PA but when I get back home friday I will look at it in more detail. I think my power numbers are reasonable for the Trap speeds it runs for the car’s weight.

A manual car would have similar issues of rpm’s not lining up with realistic power curve but the numbers I think would work themselves out based on where the actual hp-tq crossed (Rpm wise)

Haters gonna hate.

Well I apologize for the delay. I simply did not have enough time to make it to the shop to get graphs before I went on vacation. Danl I’m not quite sure where we got off on the wrong foot but this is going to be quite a long and informational post, so read up. I have absolutely 0 reason to inflate dyno numbers, to me personally I could give a shit less if your car makes 10000hp or 10hp, it doesn’t make a difference to me either way. I have collected a few dyno graphs, video’s , that I will go into detail about the car, the modifications to it, and the power it made. (Note all graphs have some smoothing on, which lowers dyno numbers, but makes it look pretty. As comparison, Buschur typically uses 40-60 filter value, all graphs are at 30.) I also apologize, all pictures were taken with my phone, and uploaded with photobucket, however photobucket was freezing on me all night and some saved rotated some did not so a few are sideways.

First up a simple tunewe did on a pretty much bone stock STI (some of you know the car it’s pretty beat on) Needs a clutch went 13.5 at the track I believe. Car made 255whp 269wtq
Mods:
K&N Filter
Full Moore Performance Turbo Back Exhaust

Next up. An srt4 brought to us by a local dealer, really a haggard car that needed some work, and they were to cheap to buy a tuning program, so we used the adjustable fpr, and mbc to tune it, so it was decently quick. Car made 287whp 319wtq
Mods:
Hahn 20g
FMIC
Side exit 3inch exhaust. 17psi

04 Suabru WRX: Tuned by another local tuner. ( He has used our dyno quite a few times) Both owner of the car, and tuner, were a little disapointed in the numbers when the car was fully tuned. Car made 264whp 264wtq
Mods:
VF48 Turbo
Fmic
hks bov
850cc injectors
Full turbo back/ With electric cut out
TGV Deletes

1995 Civic: Tuned by Pittsburgh Performance. Owner wanted to see what it would make on our dyno. Car made 326 I belive on there dynojet.
Mods:
GSR motor. Forged pistons, and rods/Ebay 50 trim/fmic/edelbrock intake manifold. Car made 299whp 256wtq

92 Eagle Taon TSI: Older guy drove down from Ohio with his sons car to get tuned. We tuned the car on dsmlink on Pump gas at 24psi.
Mods:
Forged pistons/Rods/non hta fp green/bc 272 cams/ 720cc injectors. Car made 320whp 269wtq

C6 Z06 (unsure of year): Car stopped in on a saturday wanted to hit up the rollers before he put cam and long tubes on and get some baseline numbers.
Mods: K&N Intake
Borla Catback/ Car made431whp and 441wtq

Next up is the car that was being reffered to as one we “blew up” . A 91 Eagle Taon TSI that slowboy built .to this day this is in fact the only car on our dyno that has blown up. The owner came from west virginia to get tuned. We noticed alot of oil leakin, and the car smelled like coolant badly. The owner said to tune it anyway, after we advised against it. So the first pull, the headgasket blew. Car was left for us to repair it. Come to find out all the headbolts were torqued down unevenly , oil pump bolts were loose etc. We repaired, however told the owner it was not the pistons he was told were in it. He assured us we were wrong, so we put it back on the dyno, did about 4 pulls had the afr’s set tried turning boost up to no avail, logs showed everything was perfect however the “3inch” exhaust the owner said that was on it, was in fact only 2.5 and the bends crushed it down to 2.25 or smaller. Needless to say the back pressure melted down the number 1 piston. Were currently building the motor now as he wants to use the as a track car.
Mods: SBR 1g big rod,1g stock pistons( supposed to be 2g) bored .20,bc272 cams (valves were hitting pistons barely due to obx cam gears) SBR Super60 turbo.880cc injectors. Pump gas 24psi Car made 331whp 324wtq

Curt Browns Red 1g that came to our dyno day, im unsure of all the mods but I do know he was a little disapointed the car did not put down more power.Car made326whp 308wtq

06 Evo MR: Installed a set of Kelford 272 cams and tuned it. Car has bad throttle body seals and stock injectors so couldnt push very far.
Mods:
Kelford 272 Cams/FMIC/Injen IC pipes/Buschur TBE 25psi/stock ecu. Car made 345whp 33wtq

03 Evo: Customer car came in for a tune. Car had a stock fmic, and high flow cat so i wasn’t to confident about how much power it would make.once on the rollers, I could have pushed the car alot farther then where I left it, however the clutch was starting to slip, and until he upgraded the intercooler he wanted to keep boost low. I actually went to the track with the customer, which he only got 2 runs. The first he didnt put the car on 2step just slipped it out, and bogged badly, went 12.6 @ 117, second pass on two step he cut 4/10’s off of his 1/8 mile time, had a 1.9 60ft and then blew the vac line off of the fpr and car died out. He is coming back after a clutch job, for a race gas tune, and we’ll be getting back to the track
Mods: Fp Red/hks 272 cams/tbe with highflow cat/ 880cc injectors pump gas 25psi/stock ecu Car made 370whp 349wtq

03 Evo: Friends car that weve put alot of time and effort in, on the dyno with. Car is running a stock evo9 turbo, the only dyno graph I could find was when it had a cat on it, so power is down by 5whp and not sure of torque (thats all we gained putting a test pipe in). I love this car, to me it is the ultimate street car.
Mods: Stock 9 turbo/comp 272 cams/greddy fmic/ stock intake, and IC piping/J&S Ported Intake Mani/Buschur ported exhaust mani/fujitsubo tbe exhaust/1000cc injectors/e85/Stock ecu/V7. Car made (on this sheet) 392whp 416wtq

Have Video of this car on the dyno, doing a 1/4 mile run. I drove, we didnt have 2 step set up 1.87 60ft, missed 5th and went 11.9. Car is easily a mid to low 11 second car with a good launch and running it hard. Now I know what you will say ,“Oh thats a dyno 1/4 its different”. However we had a pretty good test with an 06 evo MR. I ran it 1/4 mile on the dyno, had a 1.59 60ft ran through the 1/4 mile at 12.02@ 108mph. The car was taken to the track that week and the owner ran a 12.1 @ 109mph. If i really need to hunt down his timeslip I will.

I have quite a few more graphs that I can post up however its 2:30 currently and my computer keeps freezing on me so I’m going to skip straight to the car in question, and then maybe post up a few more graphs tommorow.

Car: 03 Buschur built Evo.
Mods:
Buschur stg 3 block
Buschur stage3 ported head
Buschur Ported intake manifold
BF272 cams/spring and retainers
1600cc injectors aftermarket fuel rail (i forget which one)
Buschur “modded” double pump set up
turbo trix turbo manifold
Garrett gt35r
Buschur race intercooler/ pipes
Tial 44mm wastegate/Tial 50mm bov
Sparktech Coil on Plug ignition
Buschur mini battery kit
Buschur Turbo back Exhaust
Car is running on E85
When Buschur tuned the car, he made 566whp and 489wtq at 34-35psi. A few months ago we dyno’d the car on our dyno, and it laid down 566whp and 499wtq. (see dyno sheet)

A month or so ago before an evo meet we had this car and another at the shop setting up the boost, and seeing if we might be able to get a little more out of this car. The first pull on the dyno with this car we noticed the motor was pushing coolant. After the evo meet, we replaced the headgasket on the car, went with some new L19 headstuds, and a friend of his convinced him to go back to stock ecu/speed density for better drivablility . The ecu was set up by someone else, NOT us. And after the car was all back together the car would not fire all 4 cylinders on the stock ecu. We took the car apart and put it together a dozen times double checking everything,to no avail. For shits and giggles we popped an aem box back into the car, and it fired right up. So the decision was made to just stay AEM so he could get the car back and enjoy it for the summer. However he had already sold his old AEM box, so we had to wait a little while for one to be shipped to us. After we got it all done back together we fired it up , put a few miles on it, and strapped it down to the rollers. I am by NO mean claiming to be a great aem tuner. I enjoy working with the stock ecu’s and over time have gotten very good and very familiar with them, however this was really my first time trying to make power out of AEM on a car, Ive worked with it a tiny bit before, but 99% of our customers run stock ecu.
At 34psii the injectors were tapped out ( 105% or higher injector duty), at that power level the car made 635whp 490wtq

However our goal all along with him buying this turbo was to really push it, and see if it would make 700whp. So keeping an eye on all the logs, and AFR’s, we turned up the wick a little more to 37psi (which apparently now that im looking i forgot that dyno graph on the printer but will post it tommorow) So at 37psi the car made somewhere around 660-670whp, afr’s leaning out a bit, however still rock solid, and at a more than safe point. After talking to him he told me to go for it and try and break 700whp, basically a glory pull. We turned the boost up again, I changed a few things around, made a pull. The logs showed peak 40.8psi hold 39psi, and the car laid down 709.9whp 548wtq. We were all happy as shit as we spent alot of long nights with this car, racking our brains, and holding our breath, and finally achieved it. Let the car cool down and did another pull to back it up,704whp 542wtq

Now we knew the car wouldnt be consistently running at this level only because we were into the 116-118% injector duty, and it wasnt worth risking. The car is currently running on the 33-34psi level, until taken to the track, where we will probably run it between 35-37psi 650-670ish whp. This is a in car video of it running 33psi- roughly around the 600 - 630whp mark. Car spins in first, spins in 2nd, pulls hard in 3rd and 4th is where you really feel the power of the car. The car is definetly a handful to drive and it gives me a woody (thanks for letting me drive it the other day), however i am not driving it in the videos the owner is.

So now that I have waisted countless hours of my life of this stupid fuckin bullshit, because of some disgruntled troll. I would like to say that this was all done for you danl. Your antics have caused me to have to try and defend myself and my shop for no apparent reason other than you popped a hole in your favorite blow up doll, that you so sweetly named gary. I am a pretty easy going person but for your punk ass to come out of nowhere and attack my shop and my credibility for no reason, I dont care if your jesus I will kindly tell you to go fuck yourself with a very large black dildo. I in reality did not open this shop to be a huge competitor in the world of tuning cars. I simply took a chance on something that I truly had a passion for, and I will not let you try and make a mockery of my shop, Myself , or my associates. No matter which way shape or form you’d like to put it our numbers add up. just because not all have ventured to the track doesnt mean the performance isnt there. You tell me I need time to change my correction factors, and yet pages ago shaggy posted up a picture of kurts talon from dyno day last year his numbers were corrected 690 uncorrected 687. Your such a smart man, divide your corrected by your uncorrected, and that will give you your correction factor. Oh wait i’ll do it for you 690/687=1.00450975. So my correction factor is 1.00 spot on to what it should be. And this was from months ago.The other thing I do not get is you thinking it is unreasonable for these numbers to be pulled from this turbo I wont sit here and post every result I have, simply just one. Straight from FP’s website, go ahead and take a gander at the customer reviews at the bottom.
http://store.forcedperformance.net/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FP&Product_Code=NTGT3586HTA&Category_Code=Turbo-FP
Furthermore I would like to thank you. Yes that’s right, I’m going to thank you. Because of the old saying. Any publicity is good publicity, so thanks dueche bag. And finally I would like to end my post saying thanks to everyone who showed a little faith and support in our young shop, and I hope to continue working with you, seeing you at dyno days, and the occasional pittspeed get together.The END

Evo 9

and to further prove that just because you have power that doesnt mean shit. driver is a huge part of it. I’m posting two videos, of the same car, one with me driving it in the 1/4 mile, one with the customer driving it in the 1/4 mile. I miss a gear and still go a faster time.He is a very good driver but to. Customer run on the dyno is first, then me.

12.2@ 118mph
I miss 5th and go 11.9 @110mph without two step being set up, and shifting at 7k every gear.

Just to briefly elaborate on turbob16’s post on the previous page: in case there’s someone that hasn’t read the previous 15 pages, the car made 566awhp on a standard 35r. After the head lifted the only changes made to the car were headstuds, an hta3586, and the tune. The 700+ numbers were not made on the previous 35r, but forced performance’s hta variant.

:gives:

With my older set up on my 06 wrx. I had stock turbo stock intercooler and a turbo back exhaust and intake. I took the vehicle to Agile Automotive because this was before Turbob16 had his shop. On dyno packs i made 251. That was in April. In July Turbob16 opened his shop and had a dyno day. We strapped my car down and it made 225. Then in September i took it to the track and went 13.65 at 101.5mph with a 1.87 60ft and 13.64 at 101.5 with a 1.90 60ft. So making 225 on a mustang dyno that weights 3240 pounds and running back to back mid 13 second passes isnt bad. Right now the car has a bigger top mount intercooler and a STi turbo I havent run the car yet with these parts.

:bowrofl:

All passes were made on 33-34 psi. And street tires, serious traction problems. Best e/t 10.8 best trap 140.8 with terrible launch should have been 145ish. And our stock turbo evo8 e85 did 11.9@ 116

Jeez thats as fast as I am! Would be a nice race! ANy vids?

Ya we have a few videos and pictures and timeslips. Garrett did a great job for being his first time at the track. I ran it the last run and had some stupid little issues on the launch( the car rolled forward and 2step didn’t engage and it bogged out) but I ran it hard and we hit the 140mph mark , no
doubt in my mind if I coulda got a clean launch out of it, it woulda done low 10s at 145ish,
on street tires you can’t complain about that. Can’t wait to see what the future holds in store for
this car with more boost, sticky tires, and a suspension, right now it’s stock. Really nice part was he drove to the track
and drove home, so no trailer just yet lol. Plus the stock turbo Evo has 11.5-6 in it , just need to
get a little better launch and run it harder. Still a great day over all.