First F10 M5 wrecked.

This 2012 M5 was traveling at a top speed (approximately 186mph/300kmh) when the driver lost control of the car as he braked and swerved to avoid a car. As the driver of the M5 swerved to avoid a car which joined the highway aggressively (without noticing the oncoming BMW), the M5 struck the divider, bounced off and shot across the highway, where it flipped several times on the grass at the side of the A81.

The 60 year old driver, 20 year old passenger, and a dog were all seriously injured, but are alive. Judging by the severity of the damage to the car, it’s a testament to the M5’s safety technology that no one was instantly killed.

The car which cut off the M5 did not stop and fled the scene of the accident. The M6 and M3 on the scene belong to the M5 owner’s sons, who were traveling with the M5 at the time of the accident. One of the sons, seeing smoke coming from the M5’s engine after the crash, was able to prevent any more danger by using an extinguisher on the engine.

It’s easy to forget sometimes just how much power our BMWs have and while they are some of the safest cars in the world, we are all still human, capable of suffering injuries and making driving mistakes (or simply suffering bad luck). So please be safe out there!

holy fuck there lucky there not dead. was this in the states or no?

No.

I was going to ask if specialkid had hacked your account to ask such a dumbass question, but then I realized you’re just as big of a moron.

:lol ^^^

But damn…that’s one hell of an accident to survive.

The m6 and m3 support vehicles are sweet haha

why is it so dumb of a question? is the car not avalible here?

Maybe if you read the article and realize it was on the A81 (highway), you’d know it’s in Europe.

Our highways start with I…not A’s.

Not to mention, look at the plates. Do those look like US plates? No.

Use some observation/analytical skills man. Come on.

it said it happened on the A81… when was the last time you heard a highway called the A(anything) here in the states?

God Dam

That an an amazing testament to the safety and technology that goes into a car like the M5. When I saw their was a dog in the car, I started to feel a little upset, but seeing that everyone lived is awesome.

lmao i didnt even look at the plates and the a81 seemed weird but i wasnt sure so i guess i deserve to be called a asshole

“The 60 year old driver, 20 year old passenger”

Road head?

Thought it was hilarious when they said “The M6 and M3 on scene belong to the M5 owner’s sons”. It’s like :eek3 wut

Father and son?

Can someone enlighten me as to why going 180mph is kind of brushed off as a normal thing to do? Or is this one of those travel at your own speed kinda highways?

It was on the Autobahn

It’s easy to forget sometimes just how much power our BMWs have and while they are some of the safest cars in the world, we are all still human, capable of suffering injuries and making driving mistakes (or simply suffering bad luck).

As if it was just bad luck and travelling as fast as the car could possibly go is a safe thing to do.

they also make it sound like the driver that ‘cut him off’ is at fault which i don’t agree with. but…

that was all assuming he was on a traditional road

Gotcha makes more sense now.

Probably racing with his son.

noooooooooooooooo