First passes of the 2010 year

Alittle disappointed that I couldnt get back in the 9’s even tho it was hot as hell and strong head winds. I honestly expected the new converter to pick up alot more time. I had to push 2-2.5 extra PSI and no filters on the car to get it to trap 140 again like it did in the winter so overall I guess thats still a good sign considering how different the air quality was. Was running abit rich and low on timing so there is some more left in it.

not to shabby man looks good

Timing is everything. Car seems to be running strong…GL

cars looking good man. whats your goal by the end of the summer et wise?

If i could build boost off the line and had good air, i’d want 9.50’s but i’m starting to think i wont beable to get there on this setup on pump gas alone. It should be going mid 1.4’s 60 foots and i’m stuck in the 1.6’s. That .2 gain is usually good for .3-.4 in ET so there i have 9.7’s. I need to get more tuning time on a dyno to really dial in the air fuel and see what timing it can take. I think I have some good hp left in it at those boost levels. It should be running faster than it is but cant say for sure, as I’m not sure what the car weighs. It may be heavier than I originally thought since I added the turbo stuff.

I also need to see where my peak power is so i know where to shift. I think I shifted 5500 rpm on my tach but my log is reading more like 5100 so it may be short shifting by a good bit and still trapping 140 while spinning tire. I think it has some good power left in it, I just need to lay it down.

It’s running perfect at 10.08.

You dont have the safety equip or the certs to run 9’s anyway right?

Nope but i’m not suppose to be trapping 135+ either without the same equipment. PRP hasnt said anything but yes i’m only legal to 10.0’s. Going much faster will require a new rear end I bet since i can only make up ET off the line now. I dont want to push much more boost without meth injection.

Why not get some safety equipment to run those numbers before you hurt yourself?

I dont see how a 10 pt cage will help me anymore than a 8pt at this point :slight_smile: I need better brakes and a rear end really… car is stable at speed so I dont think anything will happen.