first speeding ticket help!

i was just tagged doin 71 in a 55. it was in orchard park he printed out the ticket but didnt give me info on how to send it in the mail. what am i suposed to do and hope for…

no info no go… fuck em

edit: terrible idea btw…

Um, it’s always printed on the ticket? Are you really pleading guilty?

dont plead guilty u will get points theres a court date goto it. if ur still confused call the orchard park court clerk. 662 6415 is the number. goto court orchard park will reduce it to no points and a fine. its not 20mph over so look sub 100 dollar fine. u might get school. are u over 18?

im 19 so i should just go to the court date and then what?

DONT EVER PLEA GUILTY!!!

Plea not guilty, go in and tell them you were being immature and request a reduction.

Dont tell them the cop was wrong
Dont make an excuse about the radar
Dont make any excuse, they have heard them all

Depending on your job, ask for a non-point reduction becuase you drive primarily for work and any points on your license can cause you to lose your job.

going to the court date automatically implys a plea of not guilty which then u see the town prosecutor. he goes ok ill give no pointwith school(most likely without) then u see the judge and he goes ok then u plead guilty to the parking ticket. then the judge tells you your fine. but call the court it may be like amherst and money is do the day of court i cant remember off the top of my head. havent had a ticket in op in 2 years.its time consuming but well worth it in the end.

ok thanks to all!

The court date on the ticket is for you to show up and submit your plea of not guilty. They will then either tell you there when your next court date is or mail it to you. The second court appearance is when you actually meet with a DA to [hopefully] get a better deal and then you’ll go to the judge.

It’s very common for traffic tickets to be lowered to a lesser offense, especially if it’s your first one. It still probably won’t be cheap, even muffler tickets end up over $100 with the surcharge, but at least you can avoid the points on your license.

tom you got a ticket? come on now… lol

listen to me i have been in court more times then most minus choko and bad azz

NOT GUILTY
Most important thing I can tell anyone. Also do not try to fight it in any way. Take the plea and be happy. It will get reduced to a parking ticket and school.

First ticket? Shit I have 6 in my door panel from the past week. :lol:

But, in your situation, go into the town court for the jurisdiction you recieved the ticket, speak with the clerk about when the court date is. (if it isnt on the ticket, which it should be) Then arrive and speak with the DA who will likely reduce it to either a failure to obey a traffic control device (1110a) or a parking ticket judging by your record.

Did you get pulled over with like 7 other people?

I love all this “speak to the DA” stuff. When I was in OP court for a speeding ticket on the 219 the only speaking I did was “OK”. I walked in to the DA’s office, he said, “we’re going to reduce this to a parking ticket, go wait in the court to see the judge”.

No sob stories, no requests from me, just simple, “deposit your money in the slot and get out of here, thanks for playing”.

I <3 the loophole that allows towns to reduce tickets to parking and keep 100% of the fees for themselves, instead of splitting the speeding ticket fee with the state.

how much was the ticket or how much should i bring?

They take credit/debit cards, further proof that their traffic court is just a money making operation.

I think my 71 in a 55 was $110.

68 in a 55 cost me 65 for court cost in WS and 20 for school. no points

i have court tomorrow for Elma…they are no big deal send ur ticket in…fill in the not guilty plea and wait for a letter…then goto the court date…Like JayS said…usually u walk in they check ur record and reduce it without hearing a word u say

Bring some reading material.

OP can take a long time.