First time install sr20

i was just wondering how hard it is to install a sr in a s13 for someone that is planning to do it for the first time?? what problems may occur and wiring??

is a front clip a good way to go ?? since u get all the stock parts for a basic install??

yes front clip is the way and its best to keep the rage away cause shit will get in your way and there is no other way

i went with buying the whole car w/ sr in it. easiest way to go 8)

Yes a clip is the way I went and it helped, get a visual of everything as you take it out of the clip, make notes etc. then i just refered to many articles and just read on the net
Im sure you wont have any problems with it

good luck

clip is a waist of time just get a good motor set.

for someone doing it their first time the whole clip is best, it makes sure you have all your parts and possibly some more goodies, also heavythrottle has some info on the swap and wiring thats what i used to help me, PS i had never done a motor swap before either and it was pretty easy

You don’t need a clip…there is nothing to visualize. Everything goes in the the same place the ka stuff used to be.

Wiiring is all you have to worry about and there are plenty of diagrams available to help you.

Buy a motor set from Varun and you will have all you need, + the peace of mind that you are buying from a reputable person.

What you guys are saying, comes after doing 1 or more swaps, YES we all feel the same after doing our first swap, my first reaction was “this aint a thing” should have tried something harder like an RB25 swap.
BUT before hand let me tell you not knowing a thing, sure put questions in my head.

Of coarse, if you dont know something or forget just ask us and im sure one of these nice boys will help you out.

also very good option have heard very good things

clip = waist of time unless you want a stock sr and more hassles.

i dont agree with that my clip for 2500CAD came with cams,intake,strut tower bar,turbo timer, mom steering wheel, 180sx front brakes, digital climate control, and jdm guages. in my case i think i lucked out for a good price

I am thinking of doing an SR swap to for my first time i heard you had to change the fuel pump or something? i hate going onto things and finding out snall details about it after…anything like this i should worry about?

uhhh… yes, its best to upgrade your fuel pump. best choice is a walbro 255lph, selling for around 100 bucks. i think thats a good deal.

and if you are doing a big mod, like a swap. never cheap out on anything, or halfass.

Your mom was steering my wheel last night… opps wait, i wasn’t supposed to say that!

She say’s hi, btw.

(j/k, like most of my posts)

oh burn!! dammit

well the reason why i wanna front clip for is b/c it comes with every single bolt and nut to install i cant stand custom stuff that looks half a$$. what r the price range for a front clip and for a motor set??

Ask Varun, he’ll hook you up.

you dont need any custom stuff with a motorset…

the only “custom” thing you need when doing an SR20 swap are the heater core lines and a clip wont help you with that anyways.

I never did an SR swap before and I used a clip, I had no custom fabrication at all besides enlarging the airbox resonator hole so that the smic pipes can fit through, as for the heater hoses, remove the L shape bracket that goes across and you can use the ka hoses and fittings combined with the ones on the clip to make a C (without having to bend the hose) and you wont even have to do that custom, at first I was going to get a motorset, but in the end I was glad I got a clip, I got 180sx brakes with it and did not have to buy motor mounts because the ones on the clip were practically new, got a shortshifter with it, and i could tell what goes where, it was especially easy after you label all the vacum lines to assemble what goes where in your car. I say clip.