Fishing from shore

Yeh i called 35 bucks plus tax for the day opens at 6 on saturdays.

was that for one with a motor?

I have pulled 40" northerns from there. and a few decent bass too.

As soon as you get out of the creek from the launch, hit the spots in red. its about 8-10 FOW and full of weeds. Target the open pockets in the weeds with big spinnerbaits, white and chrome blades with grub or swimbait for a trailer if the water is clear or white/chartreuse with copper blades and matching swimbait trailer. BIG blades like a Colorado or Oklahoma blade put off a heck of a thump under the water and you can crank it slower.

If the weeds arent too thick try rapala huskyjerks in clown color, chrome/black, firetiger or perch color. Rip it about 3-4 feet, and pause it for 10 seconds, twitch, rip, pause, etc. They will nail it on the pause.

The blue line on the left back corner is a nice drop off ledge, goes 8-10 to like 18 feet. jig plastics like a senko worm on a drop shot over that for some bass. Also use the same jig/worm combo for bass in weed pockets too. Cast into the pocket, let it sink, and hold a steady line tension, while keeping the weight on the bottom and just shake the rod tip to dance the worm. if you get a strike, hesitate on the hookset, wait to feel the fish run with it and then reel down and crank a hard hookset.

the green lines are weed beds along the shore 5-7 FOW or so, position the boat to drift with the wind or troll with the trolling motor along side them. Position the boat about 3/4 a cast distance off the weed edge. Cast into the weeds and work the baits as they exit the weed edge. Spinners I usually cast into the weeds, crank it out and as it hits the edge, give it a few twitches and let it fall for a second or two, sometimes they hit on the flutter down, then crank it back to the boat.

The far back left and right, you will see the golf course on the left, and a few houses and docks on the right are GOLD for pike. Big spinnerbaits, STEEL LEADERS are key. You will shit your pants when a 36"+ northers charges out of the thick weeds and slams the spinnerbait.

Last bait to try is a Manns Baby1minus crank bait. Chartruse and black back work great in staind/muddy water. Perch color or shad color work good in clear. if the weeds arent too tall and thick this will plow through weeds here and there and you can cover alot of water and its something different than the everyday spinnerbaits everyone throws there. We caught some 36-40’s on those crank baits in the past too. They stay about 1-6" under the surface. crank, twitch the bait to the boat.

GL man!

Yeh all the boats now have motors.

HOLY information i need to purcahse some stuff tonight im bring out two poles for myself one for live bait and one for rubber worms and lures/Spinnerbaits.

Edit: What should i purchase tonight while at dicks?

Mepps spinnerbait

http://www.fishingfury.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/mepps-aglia1.jpg

Its been like 7 years since i actually went out and bought anysort of tackle. My old box went missing a year or so ago had about 500 bucks worth of lures and shit.