Fishing trip pictures from tonight

Snuck out of work at 4 today with the boss and hit the upper river. After a very slow start we finally figured out what the big bass were looking for. A couple of the nicer ones:

The boss pulling in a trophy stick fish after setting the hook like a whale had hit his tube bait:

And some random shots:

Depressing industrial on the waterfront (Huntley powerplant)

Definitely a good night on the water. Only bad thing was the boss caught more fish that me, which rarely happens. I’ll blame it on having to fight the wind and keep the boat in position. Got awful cold when the sun started setting so I skipped the sun setting photos in favor of making a quick run for the docks.

Nice, any keepers?

I think early bass season doesn’t start till the 15th, but that doesn’t matter since I never keep anything. You can fish for catch and release any time in NY.

First, keeping fish turns fishing into work when you have to gut, skin and fillet them. If I want to eat fish I’ll buy them ready to cook. :slight_smile:

Second, it wasn’t that long ago in the industrial days that the river actually caught fire multiple times. I don’t think I’d want to eat anything out of that river.

Thats why I ask, LOL.

Nice, I use the exact same tubes and jigheads.

I gotta renew my fishing license still.