fitting a ka42e tranny onto a ka24de motor

like the topic says… is it do able…

sorry for the lack of knowledge here guys, thanks for your help

-jon

they are the same tranny direct bolt up application

sweet, cause im able to pick up a ka24de with everything included for basically nothing except its an auto tranny. ill keep my manual tranny and change the clutch and pplate while im at it.

im excited now.

how much am i looking at to have the ka24de put into my 1990 ? thats with my ka24e being taken out too

man, i think you really need to do some research. the DE swap is almost as much work as an SR swap… you’ll atleast need to change:

wiring harness
ecu
power steering lines
mafs

+++

and, all for what? 10-15HP… IMO go SR!

Ya but he can put in a KADE for $300 if he wants.

if not cheaper if he gets the motor cheaper.

not that is pretty good value per HP

If you have a place to do it and all the parts I charge $500.

Andrew.

i dont have $4000 for a decent sr swap, i have enough to probably get this done. the motor comes with everything… ecu, harness, rad… but im not sure what you mean when you say i need the power steering lines…

like i said… i have everything… its my buddies old motor because he went sr.

my ka24e… needs some work and i dont know if i want to be putting all this money into the 275,xxx motor.

andrew… i think im going to get my mechanic or my buddies to get it done, i dont have a place to do it nor a engine hoist, but i appreciate the offer

u need the DE p/s lines… unless u wanna try bending your lines to where they need to be.

and u don’t need $4000 for a decent SR swap…

u can buy Avery’s blacktop clip for $3000
u now have the P/S lines you need
u also have a manual swap for sale… $400
sell all your Sohc stuff (mafs, etc.) … $300
sell your buddy’s Dohc motorset … $300

that’s $2000 spent… or half of what you thought you’d need to be SR’d.
:wink:

on top af this, with a little research you’ll see that the swap is not that difficult and probably something you can/should attempt to do yourself.

with the money you save by not going to a shop, you can get yourself an engine hoist, some basic tools, recruit the help of friends, and by the time you’ve taken your old motor out of your car and the SR out of the clip, you should have some knowledge of how it all goes back together.

i understand, though, that if you don’t have money to invest ur limited.
anyways, good luck with it.

I bent my SOHC p/s lines to where they needed to be… No problems till I smashed the curb at Shannonville :?

I have a hoist and the tools to do it.

Going to get this done by a mechanic will cost you an arm and a leg. Besides, there are many guys like myself that have done this many times. Most charge about 500 bucks.

If you are going to get it done by a mechanic make sure its the last swap you plan to do. IE if you plan on a different engine later on, wait will you can afford it.

Andrew.