Fix-it-ticket: do I have to plea?

Yesterday evening I received a fix-it ticket for a headlight bulb somewhere near Mt Morris. The officer was very polite as was I, he issued me a fix it ticket and sent me along my way.

I had a certified inspection station sign off on the fix, just curious if I omit the response to how I plea (guilty or not guilty) as there are no instructions which address this.

Worst case scenario I mail it in with the Statement of Correction for Equipment Defect and if there are any problems I presume they would inform me.

Thanks

Just take it right to the precinct. You don’t have to go to court. Mailing it is probably OK too.

It was a couple hours away so I’m just going to mail it, just wasn’t sure if I was supposed to input info on the ticket (everything came filled out except for the plea).

I’d leave it blank, mail it in with the repair order and see what happens.

Just got the same thing last week and I had a police officer sign off. He told me to fill out the not guilty plea so thats what I did and mailed it in.

What the heck were you doing in Mt Morris? There isn’t anything out there except a prison and corn fields, lol.

escaping from prison running backwards naked through cornfields.

Actually that was a lie. I was just on the 390 coming back from Harrisburg PA

Send it in marked “not guilty” with the paperwork proving you fixed it, and make sure to make copies of both documents incase it “gets lost in the mail” lol

You should just be able to look up the court name in the town it provided you on the ticket. See if you need to file a not guilt plea in person and have to go yourself to talk to the DA/Prosecutor or if they would allow you to send it all back in via mail and get it dismissed.