Fixed the STi transmission. Pics on post 130.

If a rebuild unit can handle the power your making and not have this problem happen down the road again then thats the option I would take. If not then spend the big bucks.

Have it rebuilt. It handled the power just fine, and unless you are going to turn it into a track whore, 5k is allot of money that may be better spent IMO.

Good luck.

this one made me laugh

that’s what the PPg unit is. The gears alone are 6000. i just send them my old one.

For those suggsting swaps - does the trans have a serial number or VIN on it?

An additional $5,000 for the PPG unit over a rebuild seems only worth it if you seriously drag the car frequently. Given how you like to break stuff, it may be worth it :shrug: Depends on what you want to do with the car, how long you plan to have it etc.

You could have this happen 3 more times for te same cost as the PPG unit.

It does not. I PMd certain board members about getting a :snky: one, but no dice. LOL.

no clutching to shift sounds nasty, if im even understanding that right

Buy a Muscle Car…

haha. someday i will…

if you dont like turning or handling in tight corners then sure!

theyre def the nicest and worth the most though

i love you for that comment. better suit up kid.

If it were me and I had the money I would go with the dog box. The price is on par with the “indestructable” SHO gear set as well. I guess gears are epensive to machine. My set is 6K for 4 gears and a input shaft W the option to delete 5th for track only cars.

if you don’t like the gear whine then just add some sound insulation.

Did you plan on putting the car back to stock to sell it some day? Could you do that if you had the dogbox?

You should really start posting less.

i’m pretty sure this acr is way beyond that point… cage et al.

:bigclap:

i will as soon as you learn how to multi-quote

i still have most stock parts… but honestly, i’d probably rather take the hit than take it apart…

wow, and i thought T56’s were expensive :wow:

tough choice. th400? :lol:

Why not find a wrecked car and get a junkyard trans?

I’d go with the rebuild and put the 5k into something smarter. You said it wasn’t a power related failure.

Of course I can’t see spending a lot of money in mods in the first place so my opinion is probably a bit biased.