flashing xbox 360, does anyone here do it?

Yo just want to check really quick, if anyone locally flashes xbox 360’s ?

Im running an Ms25 drive, and even tho its detected on bios POST its not working out in Iprep, so therefore, i want to see if anyone here has already got a VIA so i can just run over to your place and dsam and flash the 1.4 hacked firmware…

otherwise i’ll order a satachipset card for 12 bucks, i just didnt want to wait for that etc etc

let me know !!

EDIT:

oh yea, if you DO flash 360’s have you had/heard of any issues with nforce 7 chip? i have 790i ultra sli mobo and like i said, it shows up in POST the toshiba/samsung Ms25.

I found it wierd that in iprep my sata controller just says nForce controller and no numbers along with it…

in english please ;D :nod

this is way over your head bro :slight_smile: act like you never saw the thread :stuck_out_tongue: j/k lololol

:stfu :lol

llolol ok seriously i hope somone here flashes xbox 360’s =/ ask around john

something else i also had prob with is that on my other pc, MTKflash does not work with VIA chipset, WTF? cuz i have intergrated chipset on the other pc’s mobo, made by VIA, which is the most compatable chipset for xbox 360 drives, at least samsung ones.

so i didnt even bother preparing the usb desitination since MTKflash wasnt available for the VIA set and the other available sets were seriously looking doubtful

I also wanna add, i used the new V007 beta and when that didnt work i burned the iso bootable for NTFS for DOS program, ran that and ran iprep off my hard drive, instead of USB

same exact results sadly…

Wow dude, your loosing me with all the xbox lingo. I even have a 360 and can’t follow that too smoothly. I just want to get my 360 chipped so I can rip games.

no chipping, that shit is old school and will get you banned on LIVE

dump and flash the firmware on the dvd rom depending on what dvd rom you have, hitachi, benq, lite on, samsung, toshiba etc etc it will be easy or hard or in between.

and when i say easy and hard i mean easy and hard for somone who builds pcs and all that geeky stuff, not easy or hard for the average joe

anyways im kinda pissed my chipset isnt gonna work i was all ready to go out and rent a shit load of games.

when you dump your firmware on your dvd rom your gonna read the key thats on the dvd rom , this key is like a serial code or secuirty key so to speak, that is matched with your xbox mobo, if you try to hotswap drives in the xbox, it wont work cuz the keys will be different, so in that case the first step is to bakcup the firmware on the dvd rom already and read the key , then with this key, you can insert it to the hacked firmware you download via xbins (an irc bot that locates and downloads these super illegal firmwares LOL… seriously) then with the hacked firmware and inserted key specific to YOUR xbox, you cna flash the dvd rom clean and load new firmware , the hacked firmware.

this hacked firmware bypasses the “media type” check.

basically xbox checks two things

first is encryption … basically, all the files on an xbox dvd are “signed” with a security key by M$. So because of that, if ANY file that has that key (99%) is changed or modified or deleted, the xbox will know that and NOT run the game, aka home made modded games are out of the question (unless u do the old way of hacking your 360 but again… you will get banned from live)

then the next check is called “media locking” or “media type check” this is what you hack…

the xbox reads the dvd and determines the type of media, all 360 games are special “xbox 360 media” like a CD R is cd r media and dvd is DVD media etc DVD R is DVD R media, even if u burn a game onto it , its still a DVD R

SO if you burn the xbox game to a DVD R, a stock xbox will see that its obviously DVD R media your trying to run, and just refuse to play the game.

The media type check is what the firmware bypasses, it makes xbox think EVERY media is XBOX media…

the new firmware hacks do NOT bypass the whole M$ signature key checks, so you cannot run modded games or homemade games… so needless to say your games have to be ripped and burned extremely carefully and flawlessly

thats the general jist of xbox 360 flashing i guess, i left out a crap ton of details but whatever

im still lookin for somone who flashes xbox drives… please be somone !

Good info, I’ll have to do some research tomorrow. See what I got as a drive and if it will work with my chipset.

here u go

that will give a rough idea of what u got

but as firmware version u wont know until u open ur case etcc

www.360mods.net FTMFW

BUT the forums there suck dick, they all dont know jack shit i went on them and asked 1 question and i wound up answering 10 other questions… WTF?

god bless you, singh

geniuses like you are the people who keep extraterrestrial superhuman beings from ruining out intrawebz and other crazy shit like that that i dont know about.

i have no idea what you were just talking about. :lol

jesus christ this thread is going no where

oh well forget it lol

try a computer genius forum? :lol

I did and they are retarded they are liek “I got via and iprep” works for me… thats all they say everytime

the problem is genius geeks dont wanna help out anyone who is less smarter than them… like me…

so fuck it i’ll figure it out myself i guess, i just wanted to check to see if anyone here was doing the same thing instead i got a bunch of butterflies

Death to the motherboard!

wat

ya exactly lol

I watched some of the videos on 360mods.net and I guess I have to get some cable or something, anyway I’ll be trying it out for sure.

Ill flash it

you wanna help me out? let me know seriously i wanna flash it and be done with it

@ ninety1two40

what dvd drive you have? alot of the cables these guys are using are just optional, all u really need is a sata cable, but with some drives, i think you might need to use the usd2sata connector but other than that… you shouldnt need much anything else

:mwahaha :mwahaha :mwahaha