Florida Tea Party Gov. Is About to Start Drug Testing Welfare Recipients

Why are you guys arguing over who pays? They’re on welfare. We pay for it regardless of how you shuffle the papers. If you give it to them first, then ask for it back to cover the test, they’ll have already spent it on DVDs and pringles. Just pay for it up front so there are no excuses.

Of course my preferred way of dealing with this would be to end welfare, lower taxes, and let private charities help those who need it. Then legalize drugs so that american gangs, mexican cartels, and opium growing terrorists are out of business. But FDR didn’t believe in that sort of republican (the system of government, not the retarded political party) nonsense so now none of us get to keep what we earn and choose what to spend it on. Oh well. At least we still have a couple of rights. Free speech. Due process, as long as you aren’t arbitrarily named an enemy combatant. Sigh.

Was this moved from NYSpeed?

Probably. That would explain why there was actually people responding, then all activity stopped.

Would be in favor if you couldn’t fail for smoking a joint 30 days ago. That shouldn’t cut you off from your only lifeline. However I am generally much less lenient with welfare than unemployment or disability so I’m kind of OK with it. Just wouldn’t be for those.

just so everyone knows, a run of the mill tox screen costs $700