Urine test for welfare?

An email I received today and I think its a great idea.

THE JOB = URINE TEST
(I sure would like to know who wrote this one! They deserve a HUGE pat on the back!)

I HAVE TO PASS A URINE TEST FOR MY JOB… SO I AGREED 100%

Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job–I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test with which I have no problem. What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don’t have to pass a urine test. Shouldn’t one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them? Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their ASS, doing drugs, while I work. . . Can you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check!?

:bigclap:

Agreed 100%.

nice idea but they would never do it… should it be done YES

haha that would limit welfare to about 3 people, great idea, lazy fucks, GET A FUCKING JOB

im pretty sure this would be illegal. Probably fall under discrimination law.

what else is new

why would it fall under discrimination law… they are using illegal drugs

about damn time.I’ve been saying this for many years.Being a landlord I see this abuse first hand.Get free rent from the state but always have enough money for beer and weed

Dems would lose way to many votes to pass this.
Infact this exactly how they get votes, “We will give you drug money if you vote for us, if you vote Republican you won’t get your drug money.”

i am a big proponent of state funded weed distribution everyday at 4:20.

no one seems to understand what the word illegal means when it applies to immigration

why wouldnt the same hypocrisy be used regarding “illegal” drugs?

At sunoco yesterday, the GUY in line in front of me bought a shit load of munchies with his benefit card, and paid for 2 white owls cash. For those who don’t know, you roll blunts with those shitty ass cigars. That kind of shit pisses me off so bad. Why the fuck should this 20-30 year old guy, who didn’t look to disabled challenged to me, get a pass on food and housing, and get to spend the money he does have on weed? Also driving a pretty new dodge charger wtf.

test them all…:slight_smile:

+1 :burnin:

welfare recipients get government cheese, taxpayers get government trees. LOL don’t want to smoke it, sell it to the welfare people, like a tax rebate.

I’m willing to bet anyone who is drug tested for their job is being tested because they operate some sort of potentially dangerous machinery. it is done for safety reasons…not moral reasons. this is a bad comparison.

Then why do they drug test at wegmans, tops, target and just about any other chain which envolves such vast skills as standing behind a cash register?

well i’ve never worked at one of these chains, so all i can do is take your word for it. but im guessing its because they may have to operate some kind of forklift or powered pallet jack and the companies insurance carrier mandates the tests.

Awesome idea but hair samples work better. Easy to pass a urine test by drinking a lot of water.

Brilliant idea.

What about phone tech support, any many other non-hazardous jobs that require no operation of dangerous machines. Most large companies do it for every position.

meh, as much as I don’t support our paying for other people to sit on their ass (short-term disability, yes. welfare fuck no), I don’t think it’s the government’s job to step in and tell us how to live / what to ingest / etc. I’ll probably get flamed for it, but you do realize that in being all super-Republican and bashing the poor, you’re actually going to the FAR LEFT by asking the gov’t to step in and do what common sense should… which last I checked (other than the moron NeoCons) is what the Republican party that I’M registered with supports (small/constitutional government).

Irony that the moderate (who will be accused of being too liberal for my post) strongly disagrees with this. I’d rather see the gov’t spend less money putting pot-heads in jail and more money on teaching kids. Common sense isn’t something you’re born with, you LEARN it.

wrong.

almost every company now a days drug tests, some even run credit checks.

not just because u operate machinery