Florida Tea Party Gov. Is About to Start Drug Testing Welfare Recipients

About time. I dont like the Tea party but this is a good idea if you ask me.

Edit: WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?

Parents who test positive must designate another adult to receive benefits on behalf of their children.

So, you just pay some scumbag to collect the benefits for you and you can blow lines? What retards

good.

Awesome. This should save about 90% on welfare costs.lol

I don’t even see how it can be conceived as a “disgusting law.” I’m not sure I agree with making them pay for the tests though. It’s going to screw over the small percentage of people who really do need government assistance.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

I would change it to you pay for it and if you test negative you get reimbursed.

How do you figure? It will save millions I would think. I can’t believe it will actually happen though.

Wait until Jesse and Al show up on the scene.

It is mind boggling to me that people think they should be paid to do nothing AND be on drugs.

Theres Stil alot of people who legitimately need the aid and its not right for them to suffer. Not sure how this wil help save millions, children are the ones that need the help and thr children are the ones that will suffer. But hey, whatever keeps the money in our pockets.

I wish NY would do this. Not in 10000000 years will this state do anything about it’s handouts though.

^^I would rather see people that pass the test get an extra $35 to offset the cost than give one penny to people that are on drugs. My 2 cents:)

the people that fail the tests were most likely shooting the check anyhow so the children were already suffering. Now the state knows to check in and protect the innocent children.

How much will this program cost to run? (just curious, as I totally agree with the program).
Can’t wait to hear the stories that come from this program, in regards to drug test fails/scams/etc…

Hopefully the $35 will cover it. :gotme:

They should do this for unemployment and disability too

Cool
Yea as a kid there was a time where we had welfare and disability. Eventually got off it but there were a lot of druggies on it where we lived.

Another thing they should look into is babies daddies living with the babies moms but not letting the state know.
Example
Woman has kid/kids
Woman has no “husband”
Woman gets many handouts including free rent up to about 700ish a month
Woman tells “dad” to come live with her
Woman gets free rent plus the income of the father
See if they got married her free rent etc would go away
A lot of these people out there are hang kids and not getting married to work/rape the system

The state should hire someone under cover to find these people.
Take one person without a job, pay them 30k a yr and blow in as many people as he can.
Every fnd earns him a $100 bonus.

I would think this would save the state thousands!
But…it would never happen because peoples feelings would get hurt and you might…oh no…offend someone

:tup:

And yes, they should add in disability and unemployment.

Wow, I’m glad you put quotes around “dad.” I originally read that as the woman married her father. :bloated:

Maybe quote a less biased source next time.

http://www.flcourier.com/flflorida/5268-getting-welfare-in-florida-better-pass-your-drug-test

During debate on the bill over the past several weeks, the costs of the tests had been estimated at anywhere from $10 and $70 depending on who is doing the calculating. The bill would allow recipients to be reimbursed if the tests come back negative.

So there, the only part I didn’t like about this (making poor people pay for the test) is already taken care of in the bill.

I honestly have been always pushing this. I am OK with government handouts to the unfortunate but there should be requirements to make sure that able people are getting it and not taking away from other people who need it.

Also, making people pay to take the test is a good thing because anyone could walk in and keep trying to test and beat it just so they can get their check.

The bill would allow recipients to be reimbursed if the tests come back negative.

http://fitnessachievement.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/win-button.jpg

They should also put a limit on children you can have. Seems pretty fucking stupid to keep having kids if you can’t afford the one(s) you already have. </extremeidea>