fluttering noisefrom turbo under load.

Turbo pulls hard fine. but there was a bit noise comming off the turbo under load.

What are some things that can cause it?

well what type of noise is it ?

air whoosh? metal scraping? other metallic noise ?

Probably the gasket.

check the turbo to exhaust manifold mounting for loose nuts/bolts. Mine backed off after about a year of abuse with no flexible link in my exhaust.

the noise is like a fluttering oise underload. when im accelerating.

theres no smoke or anything. seals seem fine.

could it be some play on the turbo?

I’ve had the same noise on two different cars (S13 &S12). seriously wiggle the turbo and see if you can move it. Otherwise it could be shaft play

had the same noise with mine the last few days, 3 of the 4 nuts were not loose, but MISSING on my turbo to manifold. put all new bolts on yesterday. sounds fine now

so i picked up the car. yeah it is like a fluttering sound when it starts spooling.

mist take apart. anyone want to help? haha

is it your mani to turbo gasket? ive done it a few times now. i could help you out if thats what your doing

i dont know if its a problem with the turbo or mani to gasket yet?

but regardless ill prob have to check somehow. thanks for the offer if anything comes up ill let you know. I need to get my oop done first

anyone know where or the part numbers to buy the manifold / gasket etc. to replace.

is it easy to do or is anyone willing to help i can pay with money or beer doesnt matter.

i can help you. i have all the part numbers you will need for gaskets and whatnot.