Weird Rattle Sound

Hey guys i’m having a problem with my car. Whenever I give it gas on the left side of the car this loud rattling sound and now I have almost no boost. Maybe 1.5-3 PSI tops. Does anyone know what this could be or has had this problem before? Let me know please thanks.

Sounds like a boost leak. A big one. Sounds more like you have a large exhaust leak. Did the exhaust noise get louder?

check ur turbo bolts! ca18 and sr20’s are prone to having the 4 bolts holding the turbo to the manifold come loose! if thsats it go and buy new bolts and lock washers and get the very strong lock tight, that held my turbo bolts on very good…

They can be a pain to tighten, but must be done. I doublenutted mine.

We use loctite for added saftey and double nut all the studs that can be. Also, I now stock the locking tabs for the turbo bolts as they are sometimes missing or broken. Let me know if you need them.

I guess maybe I should be getting some loctite and double nuts on all the studs considering i am gonna be putting on a whole new manifold, Turbo and elbow during summer. Just get’em from speedworks ?

Is it a rattle for sure?? Or does it sound like a muffled pop pop pop whenever your boost should be kicking in?? If it is that sound on my Supra I had the same problem, it was a plugged Fuel filter. Changed it and no probs. If that doesn’t do that trick, could be turbo chatter. Check your BOV or stock valve to see if its working properly. That is if its not what the other guys have posted!!