funny sound while low boosting????

k i have a CA s13, and i had the stock turbo in it… and i thought the turbo was going on me, cus when it warned up it would make this funny sound like, a high pitched ringing, like the compressor blades grinding the housing… and when it would make the sound it would have a pressure drop of like 2 psi… but never under full boost… always when its just starting to spool… so i changed my turbo, i put a sr t25 in… same EXACT sound… sooooo, i was thinking that maybe i have a tiny boost leak. but it could also sound like the waste gate or something ratting… i dont know? i hope somone else has had this problem! let me know what you think

if it affects boost it is probably a vaccum leak as you can hear the squeak of the air leaking from somewhere … or else it mgiht be a ricey weapon-R intake as I hear alot of those nowdays and they make a high pitch whining noise while boosting on cars

A Weapon-R intake wouldn’t drop the boost down 2 psi though. I’m confused, can you reach full-boost? When does this pressure drop happen?

my friend josh put on a gt28rs turbo and his makes that same whistling at low boost and it seems to bog a bit then clean up immediately after …

maybe it has something to do with ca not being sr???
alumenum does not make that noise :roll:

did you check your manifold and turbo bolts are tight? if they are a little loose you could be hearing the air whistling out from between the head and manifold, or more likely, the manifold and turbo. and the rattle could be the gasket rattling around and getting torn to shreds??