sr20 turbo help

im new to the turbo game, i have a RHD 180sx. iv loved it for the past 4months iv had it… its stock with 3’’ straight pipe and turbotimer.

i went for a midnight drive last week and after my car was all warmed up i started boosting. as soon as i hit full boost it sounded as if my turbo was really loud. almost as if the turbo was whizing…

iv read a bunch of forums to try and figure it out. iv checked numerouse times for boost leaks and have not found any, my turbo,manifold, and downpipe are all tight. my car has not lost any power at all. but the sound is always in the back of my head… any suggestions or comments are appretiated?

Does it sound like the spool of the turbo has become more high pitched?

yeaa abit more high pichted…

i had the same problem, plus i was loosing oil, turned out to be seals and mad shaft play…

can i drive it like this… it still pulls harddd… and the noise has not gotten anyworse…

yes but prolly not for long, watch ur oil level!!!

get a disco potato

i heard about them disco potatoes… wtf is it all about? i was thinking of going with a t28… wat do u think

I had the same symptoms when the gasket on my sidemount intercooler started leaking.

Retracted fail to read

i would say that u have a minor leak at the turbo gaskets, that only makes noise at full boost…
might be so small that the gauge wont even show it.

soon youll start seing smoke coming from ur exhaust oil burning. it prolly sounds more like a supercharger right now a whining noise.

noo, not really like a supercharger. thanks for the input from all of you. really appretiated.

just found a lil gap from turbo to downpipe. slipperysilvia… thanks alot ur help was what made me find my problem.

^^^^^i posted on brothers account…mybad

if you need those gaskets, call me, i have stock.