turbo problems

hey i have an s13 sil with an sr20 in it and the t25 sounds like its going to blow up!! everytime i go to spool it makes this grinding type noise and i get scared the fan is going to blow off. it sounds like the fan is rubbin on something but then i got to thinking it was a bearing. has anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it
thanks sky.

Ya the bearings are worn out, so there is too much shaft play and the turbine is hitting the housing, mine did the exact same thing. Sorry man but you need a new one. You should be able to find one on here for a decent price. $200-$400.

Take of the induction pipe for the turbo so you can see the blades. And grab the shaft and wiggle it around. It should have some play in it but it should not touch the metal housing. Either way it sounds like you should upgrade.

When my turbo to manifold gasket blew out, the sound was similar to what you’re describing. Might not be that bad man.

turbo still pulls strong tho and i had the intake off and wiggled thos blade but they were solid am i wiggling the wrong ones??

are you sure its grinding? Sometimes the boost leak can sounds weird like that too. Prob your turbo to mani gasket maby???

its not a constant grind itd kinda of a rin… rin… rin.rin and so on as it builds up boost at full its pretty much sounds constant