for all you fish heads...

:rofl

went out on round lake today with a buddy for a few hours and ended up landing 3 Monster bass…

The biggest one was 23" and 8.2lbs. Biggest bass I have ever caught. Nearly shat myself pulling it out of the water.

took some pics, and let the fat fucker go.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj136/sxryder46/10-23roundlake.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj136/sxryder46/10-238lblargemouth.jpg

damn those are some big fish. 23 lbs wtf!?

23 inches, 8.2lbs. that was the biggest I caught today. I caught two others that were 20" and 6-7lbs

haha damn i cant read… still tho, those are big fish, gettin near the end of the season so they must be packing on the pounds for the winter waters

yah. I caught some big ass ones last weekend too. Today they were hitting hard tho. very aggressive right now.

feeding time with the cold weather lately… you have a boat? or do you go out with a friend who has one?

I have a 16 foot Triton with a 15hp motor

i hear ya, my dad sold his ranger 492 with outboard 175hp mercury on the back, hes looking to get something new, he fishes all the time. shits definetly alot of fun, been a long time since ive been out on a lake

its alot of fun if you enjoy it like myself. I go out all day lol

haha yeah dude, dad goes on trips to like champlain and stuff all the time, ill have to get back into it next summer.

yah I have a uncle that is a pro bass fisherman and he is always on champlain for tournaments. He taught me alot and gave me a nasty fishing rod/reel and rubber worms and stuff. Im pretty damn good at fishing (been doing it sense I could walk) but there is always more to learn and every lake is different.

exactly, one of his friends just actually got a tv recently, ill have to have him take me out sometime. to bad i got the fishing bug at the end of the season lol… im not a huge winter fishing guy

im big into both

I have a 39" lake trout on my wall that I caught 5 years ago on lake george ice fishing

holy shit… dont really know much about trout/pike all that, but that sounds pretty big for a fish around here

its big for a trout…not so much for a northern pike.

for example, a few pages back on this thread I posted pics of a 39" pike I caught out of round lake that I let go. My dad has a 39" on the wall he caught out of saratoga when I was little ice fishing. 39" is big, but they get bigger and until I catch the “once in a lifetime fish” of that size (pike and tiger muskie) I will keep letting them go.

I also have a 20" 6lb large mouth on the wall that I caught out of a pong when I was little…and here today I caught one much bigger that I released. I hesitated on letting him go but I am dead set on landing a wall mount tiger muskie this year.

haha yeah i never got into keeping fish (either does my dad) but a few family memebers are big into keeping their hunts and fish. definetly a lotta fun tho!

Smokin, why’d you release it? Is it not in season to keep or something? Most people I know who fish (Russian or Ukrainian mostly) would have kept that bass and ate it lol. We make this food called ‘taranka’ (Vlad might know what this is). You basically clean the fish out, then dry it with seasoning (or just salt). After about a week or two of drying, you peel the meat, etc. They sell it in stores I think (this type of food). It’s usually done with sun fish though.

EDIT: NVM, just read your other posts. Nice fish for sure though.

not into keeping fish anymore and bass arent known for their meat…they arent the best tasting

Gotcha.