For no reason in particular, is an evo9MR worth the money over a std evo9?

for a spririted daily…

No, not worth $5,000.00.
That $5,000.00 could be much better spent.
That’s my opinion for whatever that’s worth.

Depends.

IF you are into all the extra “features”, then yes it is worth it. But since you never leave well enough alone, you will end up replacing most of that stuff anyway. So save yourself the money for mods. :shrug:

In your case, I would say no, as long as you could live without a 6-speed.

The only thing I prefer on the MR is the 6 speed manual. Other than that the standard Evo is fine with me.

5 speed is so 1990’s. 6 speed is where its at. I personally would pay the extra 5 g’s if I had it.

I would think you could buy a six speed tranny for less money.

Did you like how short the gearing was in your STi and how often you had to shift? It’s great for some applications, 1st and 2nd gear are very potent in low speed corners, but I think the Evo 9’s have a broad enough power band not to need it. Put the 5g’s you saved towards some high quality emo hookers :tup:

Buy AWDrifter’s car and stop being a pussy. You’ll save money!!

the thought crossed my mind… however, i A) need something i can slam on, B) need something i can slam on.

I liked shifting all the time in the sti.

agreed

Thats what I would say.

[QUOTE=newman]the thought crossed my mind… however, i A) need something i can slam on, B) need something i can slam on. QUOTE]

GET A GIRLFRIEND!!!

lol. no way, they are way more money to maintain and don’t come with a warranty. You can sink 20 G’s into one and it could blow up the next day.

LOL, ok get a cheap dead hooker

god damnit, ive explained this before, get a hot girl with insecurities, then alternate between buying her McDonalds and telling her shes fat … lightly sprinkle in mentions of “i love you just the way you are” here and there and a bitch is yours for life

girlfriend problem solved

^^ I still cant figure out why everyone calls you creepy kid.

:word: :wtf:

I tossed this subject around for quite some time.

I really wanted the 6-speed of the MR. Could you get a 6-speed for less than 5K extra that the MR’s pricetag demands? Probably. Would it be under mitsu’s 10 year 100K warranty? Doubtful.

The other little things, as minor as they might seem, still add up $$, and are all things that I would be interested in obtaining, which also justified the extra cost from the factory for me. Things such as HIDs stock, where the IX does not come stock with HIDs. The additional gauges, vortex generator, lightweight BBS wheels, bilstein suspension (which is in high demand for the IX guys from what I can tell on evo forums), aluminum roof/hood/fenders. These things, as minor as they might be, still add up to $$ when viewed as aftermarket parts, and are all things that I wanted. So for me, it was justified.

Is it justified for you? Well that depnds on what you want. Warranty was important for me.

id say if your eevn considering getting a MR, get the MR, its worth it

posting from the dealer (raylaks)… i’ll let you guys know what they can do…