For people who have run their car at the 1/4 mile....

who on here traps 120-122 in the 1/4?

more importly what was ur ET jay?

11.9 @ 121 on my street tires… reason i wanna find someone who traps the same is cause i wanna know if my trap speed is getting messed up by having to shift into 4th thru the traps… the # don’t sound right to me :gotme:

edit here choda

R/T 1.006
60’ 2.063
330 5.322
1/8 7.898
MPH 97.40
1000 10.096
1/4 11.931
MPH 121.34

I think you are Jay, most cobra guys that go 97-98mph in the 1/8th will go mid 120s at the very least in the 1/4. Still a bitchin run though! :tup: Its too bad my second gear doesnt work right I was running 12.0-12.1 at nyi at about 120 but i was well into 4th going through the traps, just the lack of second gear kills all my runs so i never really could tell what i could do. Oh well. I think you need more boost so you get into 4th sooner :stuck_out_tongue:

:tup: good time Jay

you spin too much to make proper use of the gears.

sounds like you had a pretty good run

no one? lol

you’re trap is low b/c you’re pulling a 2.0 60’

That doesn’t change things nearly as much as shifting to 4th within a couple hundred feet of the end of the track.

whether you roll off the line or launch hard it really isnt going to change your trap by much. Ive left the line rolling like a radio flyer and hit it and in the end it doesnt change it by more than a few hundreths or tenths at the most

run some decent tires so you dont spin, your on a drag strip not the street :slight_smile: The added traction will load the car differently. You need load to make boost and you need traction to go forward rather than spinnin your wheels :stuck_out_tongue:

oh i know, i just want to run someone who traps 121 for my own piece of mind… i’m getting shit on the rx7 forum that my car only makes 380whp tops if i’m trapping 121, and i don’t buy it

you can calculate your trap and et baseed upon your weight, gear ratios, tire size and HP. 121 for 380 wheel horse is good.

i should be over 380… by alot…

Jay, I’d look at the 1/8 numbers from the other RX7 guys. See what the back half, mph avrage is for simalr setups. I think thats the best think to look at. Becuse you cant really compair your car setup to alot of other cars (people in this thread) timeslips you know.

what are you at

i SHOULD be close to 500, so thats like a 100whp swing

and and are, are 2 different things…what was your dyno #…either way look up an ET calc

i have no dyno #'s, thats why i can’t calculate anything lol