For the GTO/G8 Crew... don't bother ordering OEM parts

because you’ll be waiting for a LONG time to get them. After waiting for the past month (approx) for the dealer to call me when my tierod ends arrived (and getting an inspection ticket because of it) I decided to just go with some pedders replacements.

what do ya know, they were in stock and cost me 70.00 LESS, AND they have a 2 year warranty.

:rolljerk: Damn it GM, why do you make me hate you?

well duh… arent lots of gm parts manufacturers all on strike? i think i hear something about that on the news. dont blame GM for awesomely engineered products. blame the UAW who need more money to make the overpriced OEM parts.

heh, no shit… didn’t hear about that, but also haven’t paid much attention to the news lately either.

I think it’s more of a case of their suppliers all being in Australia though (in this case atleast). I called every dealer I could think of in the area, along with parts stores (turns out that it’s a dealer only part) and nobody could get 'em. :tdown:

thank God for the after market industry

rockauto.com man…

Most of the ford suspension stuff is MOOG anyways. I usually buy aftermarket stuff most of the time.

why did you get an inspection ticket because of bad tierod ends?

are you really that dumb?

you get inspection tickets for not having a valid inspection sticker.

DO THE MATH

:rofl: with the recent posts he’s made lately, id say yes.

Guess it depends on where you go - I ordered something from Hunter Holden in Australia and got it in less than two weeks.

Oh, and American Axle is on strike - which makes alot of parts for GM’s trucks, as well as some smaller brake & spindle components. The GM-proper factories on strike are ones building Lambda crossovers (Enclave/Outlook/Acadia), and one of GM’s Epsilon (Malibu, Aura) plants.

just call me next time ass fuck

If you wern’t a mod, i’d tell you what I thought of you :ohnoes:

But, since when do they check tierods during an inspection?

http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/broch/c-50.htm

All steering linkage - check for tightness or binding, excessive wear and/or looseness in parts, including idler arm, center control arm, tie-rod ends, drag link ends, steering and pitman arms, gear box, cross shafts, bushings, wheel bearings, steering column or steering wheel shaft mounting

On topic, Pedders is far superior to the OEM stuff anyway.

they always have…if your inspector doesnt check then he is an idiot

Not trying to be a jerk, but, that has been common knowledge among the GTO boards for a LONG time. That is why so many people have gone with Pedders parts. Still not sold on there suspension stuff simply because of the attitude they have, they won’t give out spring rates or specs and insist “We are the best because we say so.” I was thinking that this was going to be a thread about ill fiting parts or something along those lines.

Ah, usually they just look at my lights and horn and let me go, but I haven’t taken a car to an inspection in so long (haven’t owned one long enough)

I hear ya. I know some parts were hard to get, but didn’t think that tierod ends would be one of them.

I guess just more reason to go aftermarket. I’m not sure if I buy into all the hype either, but it has to be better than stock

you’re afraid of the ramifications of the internet?

Since when? Since the NYSI program was enstated.

If you don’t know what you’re talking about, shut your mouth.

“Tie rods” LOL, I had to wait 9 months for mines to finally come in on my 04 GTO. I was told they were on back order and that they would give me a call when they come in. After about 3 weeks of waiting I started to call around myself to local Pontiac dealerships to see if anybody had them lying on the shelf. I eventually found a set at the dealership off transit but they told me they wouldn’t release them to another dealer; but they were available to purchase for $269.69 each. So I just waited, which turned out to be 9 months, but I ended up still getting them for free because when I initially called it in my vehicle was under warrantee.

Has anybody been able to find a set of aftermarket rear pads for the 04 GTO’s. It’s listed as a dealer item.

yeah, I got hawk pads for mine I think (don’t recall if that was the brand) but either way, they weren’t from the dealer.

go to tirerack, they sell some :tup:

edit:

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/results.jsp?autoMake=Pontiac&autoModel=GTO&autoYear=2004&autoModClar=

ok, it isn’t hawk, it’s an off brand (Satisfied Pro?)

:bloated: