for the guys that know there shit... help

okay, i’ll probably just try unhooking it with the regular set up first, maybe capping it off before i do any actual welding shut

you’ll probably pass pa sniffer better than before with egr plugged, the job the egr valve does isn’t even tested anywhere but california anway…now if your car is a 96+ you gonna have problems.

obdii = no sniff… he’s screwed… already pointed out on page 1 + 2

i didnt’ feel like reading that far back. blocking your egr decreases hydrocarbons but increases nitrous oxides in your exhaust…pa only checks hydrocarbon levels.

i think he realizes he will be screwed come emssion times… he just has to figure out a work around…

the egr check via computer will know the difference and pop the code… pa does hydrocarbon for pre 96 cars… but they only test gas tank pressure and obdii port.

so i’d assume that you’re ecu will throw a code witha blocked egr vavle… just speculation though.

i know mine will only throw the code if blocked and vacuum lines still intact, if you remove/plug the lines to the egr valve itslef it doens’t know the dif.

i had a similar thing for this breather valve on my car. as soon as i plugged it is stopped throwing a code.

yea… 1996

= i’m fucko’d

and will have to find my way around shit

good luck

register it as a classic car since they do not make it anymore

after reading into it some… i bet i can get my car to pass… also, we will have to investigate the emissions waiver… you need to put like 150 into emissions control and if you still fail (not visual) you can be granted a waiver… so don’t worry about it tooo much.

doesn’t work that way. needs to be older

i thought if a car was not made anymore it can be considered a instant clasasic…maybe pewter will chime in

its $200 and now its also up the the garage if they want to give you an exemption or not…

most private garages will but places like monro will NOT give you an exempt for spending the money cause they know that most ppl that do to them dont know shit and they can suck more money out of these ppl than just 200

where does it say 200? i just read the most current by-laws of the PA emissions inspection?

my bad it used to be 200 a few years ago

no its not!
its 150 bucks must have reciets to prove it towards fixing the problem!

and if you have a garage install the parts the labor counts towards the 150…
and an exempt waiver can only be issued buy someone that has a advaced emissons licences…most people at places like monro only have a regular emmissions lincese…so there for the reason they cant issuse a waiver

SO DONT TALK SHIT ON A BUSSINESS UNLEES YOU KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT… :mad:

when was he talking shit?

places like monro will NOT give you an exempt for spending the money cause they know that most ppl that do to them dont know shit and they can suck more money out of these ppl than just 200