Stupid Inspection..

Well, i got a ticket last night cuz i didnt know my inspection was up :picard:

thing is, i got the ticket in leicester (on the way back from my gf’s in MD). im not going all the way back out there to go to court so im just going to plead guilty and send it in after i get inspected along with a reciept.

another problem, i have a service engine soon light on and im OBD2. the code is on cuz of the motor swap i did. so question is, can i still get my car inspected and will it pass?

thanks for anything guys.

code is for EGR btw (blocked off, but still plugged in).

It will fail

light on obd II ur gonna fail no question

what happens if u get the egr workin again?

okay… here is the new header i have. that little tube is normally where the EGR comes from but on the new header, its pretty much just there for looks, if i hook a tube up to that and hook up the EGR tube, it should be good right? just not reading anything? dont know if anyone would know about this or not, it being a saturn
http://www.sixthsphere.com/storage2/images/bwp96qdq04mt24vfltb.jpg

Depending on how the cop feels at the time, and how over due your insection was, they might let you go if you have it done at the time of your court date.

they wont because it’s not a repair ticket

If you can hook an egr line to that along with the egr solenoid connected properly and get exhaust flow out of that port I would say that would solve ur problem

inspection tickets are generally fixit tickets arent they? Come back within 24 hours with a good sticker and you’re okay…

now, this obv doesn’t apply to the TS since he wont go back…

and to the TS: OBDII CEL is a fail. Either fix it, or get someone to turn off the CEL. You say that little tube is just for looks… does that mean that Exhasut actually comes out of it and you didnt hook it up (:picard: ), or does that mean that the tube is not functional at all?
If its functional (you’re an idiot for leaving it vented), hook up your egr valve for a day and get the CEL cleared. If its not functional, then hooking it up for visual purposes will not help you.

Word of advice: Do not ask where to “buy a sticker”, or similar.

thats what im thinking. thats why im trying to get it inspected before the 8th when i need to have it ticket there by. im not driving back out there just for this.

what exactly do they record when you go in anyways, why should it matter if my light is on? like i said, its basically only on cuz i have a swapped motor thats built, its been on since i put the motor in.

lol. noooooooo. im going to get it done right, just have some questions on it, thats all. stupid OBD2, i hate it, but i love my car :frowning:

Why does it matter??? Do you know anything about cars? Its obd2, it hooks up to your OBD2 connector in your car and reads your comp for codes, if it fails you dont get a sticker.

Really?

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54653

Specifically: http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/broch/c-50.htm

Scroll down to emissions.

Or the actual book:
http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/forms/cr79up.pdf

OBDII Emissions & Check Engine light start around page 25

OBDII MIL light on is an instant fail!! thats why

It wont pass if the lights on.When you plug into the inspection machine its going to see it has a code in it(thats why the light is on)And is going to fail it.The only way its going to pass is to fix what ever the code is for.

or put the original header on, and hook everything back up

idk if it will pass anyways? because of non original motor/ecu, wont it read fucked up?

ie: ur obd2 saturn does not have origianal pos motor, it now has the wrong pos motor :stuck_out_tongue:

depends on the swap and ECU and everything, if its the right ECU it should meet the paramaters and be just dandy

this is why i paid more to have an obd1 car that is less nice than a nicer obd2 car :roflpicard:

haha i like my obd1 :eekdance:

i know all this, im not a retard. its just a pain in the ass and i had some questions about my EGR and about the ticket, i didnt mean to make it sound like i was trying to “buy a sticker” or “bypass the law”, just asking about some stuff.

im my picture i posted, the tube thats supposed to read EGR, doesnt go anywhere and im not really sure why OBX made them that way. the stock header has a groove in it to direct the exhaust gasses to the valve, but the OBX one i got doesnt. its not like i can put the stock one back on either, its a completely different set up.

the motor will correctly match up to the computer no matter what year with my car. its not a complex computer at all. i could throw a 92 motor in the car and have the stock shit on there and it will read fine. i know there arent many, if any, people on here that know about saturns, thats why this was more a question about what was needed to pass inspection, and that was answered.

i guess im just going to have to wing it and try to fix it tomorrow.

thanks

kinda ghetto but can u drill a hole through the port and hook egr up to it?