Stupid Inspection..

You dont know all this, this is why you asked a stupid question. Just try to hook it up correctly, if not get a stock exhaust mani and try to use that.

im just kidding with the saturn jokes lol,

are u sure this is the only thing “wrong” that would make it fail inspection?, there are a few people with obd2 scanners, and i think autozone or w/e does it for free

or drill the mani, weld a bung n run it thru that

no matter what, it will FAIL, if it has the light on :frowning:

i guess this is what i get for modding a car with no aftermarket lol. everything needs to be custom on this car.

i’ll be hooking everything back up tomorrow to see if that does anything. i’ll also reset my computer so that it can relearn the intake and shit…

which brings me to this, if i reset my PCM, my AFC will keep the settings i have programmed in right? yeah, i know, another stupid question.

Thats all well and good, thats been addressed.

Now as far as remedying your situation you have to realize a few things.

1.) Emissions is also a VISUAL inspection — If you have an EGR Valve & and EGR port and NOTHING in between them, and (IF) the inspector sees this - FAIL. You can put a dummy pipe connection from your non functioning port to your valve to cover the visual concern, but this will not fix the readyness light in the ECU - FAIL.
2.) You can use a dummy pipe, and have the readyness flags set in your ECU using popular OBDII tuning software. Fbody guys do this all the time. Look around…
3.) You can find a way to get exhaust from your header, to your EGR and this should clear the readyness problem the way that GM intended and will clear your concern altogether.
4.) You can go back to a stock exhaust setup and change around everything after the header to tie in, thus restoring what is effectively a stock PRE CAT setup. This will be PITA & $$$ I imagine.

Those are pretty much your options…

oh i’ve heard all the saturn cracks lol, im use to it now, been modding them for almost 4 years now. thats the only code it is throwing, went and got it checked tonight. i cant drill anything cuz there needs to be a groove for the exhaust to go through and there isnt one on the OBX header,the tube is pretty much there for looks i think, thats why i dont get why its even on there.

wouldnt you want to readjust them anyways?
i believe the ecu reads it off the afc, not the afc reading it off the ecu, so it shouldnt affect it; i may be wrong

i dont have one

Get a stock one for that engine and hook everything back up properly, sounds like the best option to me.

This is my last attempt…

i mean on one of the runners of the header

yeah, the EGR setup is kinda tarded on saturns. i’ll put a hose on there tomorrow and see if it still reads like that. if it does then i’ll just have to scan it again and make sure its still reading that same code. i’ll also check with my saturn peoples and see if they say the same about the dummy hose.

thanks

true. didnt think about that, long day haha. im pretty sure the AFC has a memory of its own, so resetting my PCM wont hurt it.

idk how it is on your car but here are some OTHER options

1. put a resistor in the connector for the egr valve, idk why it works but all 3 of my cars have the egrs removed along with the purge solenoid, charcoal canister and all evap lines and cats and i am CEL free

2. spend more than 450$ on repairs and get a waiver

3. reset the light and drive for 75 miles and try to inspect it

4. dont go back to making eveyrthing stock for the inspection, thats a PITA and retarded

5. just pay the fine and keep rollin

6. if you go to any quicklube, none of the techs (most cause i dont fall into this category) know what emissions systems look like, we have guys that think sparkplugs are on the trannys, so dont bother putting a fake egr valve, they dont know what it is anyways

does this not include labor?
and what happens then, do you still get a sticker?(im not trying to do anything illegal here lol)

not really sure, its been about a year since i did one that was done by a shop but they stil got a sticker

if a customer spends 450$ on parts and installs them the inspector verifies theyve been installed and then theyre issued a sticker

its funny cause its true. yet, sad for the same reasons.

this is why i try to do everything on my own, with my own tools, and my own place. but i cant do inspections, otherwise i would never go to shops. plus, if i screw something up, i can blame it on no one but myself :smiley: hahaha