For the younger members....

i dont think there is any 200 feet jumps though.

In some ways you’re right, in other ways you’re totally wrong. One thing that has been observed in MVA (motor vehicle accidents) is that everything is linked to some sort of factor. Insurance companies are notorious for this, since it is these accident rates in which they base their premiums on. There is no coincidence that an 18 year old male, who drives a sports car will have a much higher insurance premium than a 30 year old who drives a sports car. Statistically speaking, the highest MVA offenders are 18-21 year olds. I remember myself at that age, and yes I also thought that I was a safe driver and I never did anything stupid. Even though I was the safest driver in the world, I was not experienced, or haven’t gained enough experience.

Unfortunately, for the 18yr old who drove the M5, also suffered from the same thing all of us suffered at the age of 18 and loved to drive. We all thought we were invincible and can do anything. Every sensation of the car was new, it was exciting and certainly very intoxicating. It was that his accident was so spectacular, that it sadly claimed his life and his buddies.

Whereas someone like me…well, I hit a pole and dented my moms van.
So it’s safe to say that at that age, it’s not a matter if when you’ll get into an accident, it’s when and how spectacular the accident will be.

bullshit

nick hogan. end of story

so you’re saying you’ve never made one single mistake while driving at all?

shrugs

then you sir, are a driving god

but it still doesn’t take away from the fact that 18-21 year old males are more prone to mva’s than the rest of the demographic

I didn’t see any claim that he has personally never made a mistake.

However, if you knew Mike you would know that this statement:

is QFT.

K thx.

:slight_smile:

I disagree that being young and having a fast car will 100% result in a crash, I think that being immature and thinking you’re invincible regardless of fast or not will.

I love driving, I love driving fast, I love driving through twisties and I love being alive.

You can have fun AND be safe.

Some of you have gone for drives with me, I’m boring and I stay in my lane, I know the limits of my skills and the limits of my cars and I have yet to be in any kind of accident that didn’t involve me being stopped at a red light and getting rear-ended by a guy in a F-350 with a snowplow mounted to it.

Agreed.

Hell Mike has drove the Nurburgring, how many here can claim that?

no,
i’m not saying you’re guaranteed to get into an accident
its just statistically more probably you will

there are plenty of groups that try to promote safe driving, and sometimes I even feel that people right here on SON preach that.

I mean…look at any post that was made by any kid who brags about how he beat some dude from light to light. He get’s berated and pwned on this site.

We always tell them, take it to the track!

But let’s be honest…look at the number of responsible kids on the track vs the idiots on the streets…
tell me how many idiots are out there?

you can have fun on the street and still be safe

street racing is idiotic and will not be tolerated on this site

like it’s been said, save it for the track.

if you can’t afford the track, you should stfu and know your role, and wait until you can afford it.

street racing will never be a substitute for on-track experience.

Mike + nocwage FTW.

Mike is a pretty good driver. Probably one of the best drivers that I know actually.

I’m just curious:

( no rudeness or fobwell sarcasim )

how did you get so good spd-dmn?

Courses, Training? if so , how much do some of these cost.
Just naturally an amazing driver?

thats what Draggone means!!.. get it

I think that he’s just naturally a good driver. Some people have it in them.

Same with Walter (Walter Dixon), he’s a really good driver, he scares the shit out of me sometimes.

The only guy on this forum that got me sick was 2gmoney… 10 or so laps passenger seat after burgers

So who is better

2g money
spd dmn
or dixon
(not a serious/serious question, but fobwell im assuming youve been in all 3 cars.

hahaha, that is soooo hard to just say who is BETTER.

O man, also what Qualify’s the better driver. The Guy that goes the fastest? the guy that knows the car better? The guy that can recover the emergency situations the most efficent? Very hard to judge really.

but yes Max and Mike FTW

I love you guys.

just not in that “Please stick it in my tight ass” way

the only far way would be for them to do a couple of laps in the same car topgear style.
but i was just joking around…

hahahahah ya I figured that.

Im just bored hence why I am actually posting.

This is intense, I hope it does serve as a wake up call to at least one person. Its not everyday that 5 people die in a M5. I lost a buddy who got a biike for his 18th b-day, one week later he t-boned a car and was gone. Imagine how a parent would feel after such a loss. I’m sure we have all done our fair share of stupid shit. Calculated or not just be careful guys.