Ford Plant making Nissan Parts?!?!

So I went to this Defensive driving class at the UAW across from the Ford Stamping Plant in Blasedell(yes there is actually a sign that says you cant park there if your car isnt made by U.A.W.) and during the class, there was a break were the ford workers were talking about how they’re pressing nissan parts there now. i have no idea what they’re making over there… anyone know?

weird

Maybe weird in the sense that Ford and Nissan have had nothing to do w/ each other in the past, but the whole Domestic/Import hybridization isnt’t anything new.

Thats what I mean. If it were Mazda, Aston Martin, Jaguar, Volvo, etc…I would not be surprised.

ya i knew about mazda and ford… just didnt think it extened to nissan

fixed.

Hello, Nissan Quest…Mercury Villager? They were touted as the “small and sporty” minivans? They should have stuck with that formula, the Quest is simply autrocious.

Maybe they think it’s 1997 still.

dude i rocked a quest in hs. well, i rocked my moms quest in hs. 3.0 v6 ftw.

not surprising. its not uncommon for automakers to “rent out” portions of their plants if they arent being used for extra revenue.

Toyota is doing the same thing with a few of subaru plants.

Yea but the old Villager’s were 100% nissan I thought. I dont know about the newer ones… but the IIRC the Villager was a quest with some exterior cosmetic changes and that’s it.

Very true. Nissan didn’t want people to associate the torsion beam with minivans because that could diminish the “torsion beams are sporty” propoganda they were spewing at the time, so they decided to go with leaf springs. See, their minivan managed to be more twitchy than their cars! Wonderful. Brilliant. Magnificent!

Okay so the point of this thread isn’t an okay minivan (I personally think it was underrated among the Chrysler minivans).

hey i love my torsion beam

my dad works there, i’ll have to ask his next time i see him.

no shit. mine too. I’ll ask him when I see him.

ya my dad is retired from there… thats why i was at the UAW taking that class…

This may or may not matter, but a few years ago Nissan factories voted down the UAW at their plants.

Porsche 911’s used torsion bar suspensions. Would you call those twitchy?

Corvettes (Z06 included) still use leaf springs. Would you call that a twitchy car? It also still has pushrods, so I guess it really must suck…

Older Porsches are actually known for being twitchy…

You know, you can teach monkeys how to type I guess…

wow, you must be right :roll: i’m actually a 9 year old kid who just found this board and have no idea what im taking about…

I actually meant that as an analogy towards leaf springs and torsion beam rear suspensions. I guess that could have been taken the wrong way…

If I would have wanted to call you a monkey I would have called you a ///monkey to make sure that you know that I know that you’re better than all of the “monkeys.” :wink: