Fort Erie NASCAR Track (Canadian Motor Speedway) *Construction: 2017*

:lol:

More stupidity from the king.

I run my mouth on the internet and in person, you dumb fuck.

lol. kids. haha

TRUTH.

lol. <3

I <3 MPD I hate JustKarter.

Just Karter, just stop. You’re making my brain hurt.

NASCAR says no to Canada track…for now: The promise of a new $172 million, state-of-the-art race track isn’t enough to lure NASCAR to Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada., a spokesman for the auto-racing organization said Friday. The group of investors planning a racing complex that would seat 65,000 spectators hopes to bring top-level auto racing to Southern Ontario, but NASCAR won’t be part of the project. “Our schedule is extremely full, especially in our top three national series,” NASCAR spokesman Ramsey Poston told The News, referring to the Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Craftsman Truck series. “There’s really not much, if any, room to add any dates at this time.” But local officials say there never was a commitment from NASCAR to bring a race to Fort Erie and the project is an economic engine that doesn’t hinge on NASCAR’s participation. In fact, one economic-development official involved in the project said NASCAR still could change its mind and bring a race here once they see the success of the finished track. “In the end, NASCAR may be approached, or be approachable,” said James A. Thibert, president of the Fort Erie Economic Development and Tourism Corp.

Officials revealed plans for the project at a Tuesday news conference in Fort Erie, where a Kuwaiti financial company was identified as the lead investor. However, news of the race track began leaking out over the past week or so, and media reports referred to it as a “NASCAR-ready” or “NASCAR-level” track. The facility, as envisioned by local officials and Bayt Al Mal Investment Bank of Kuwait, would hold a one-mile oval track and a 2 1/2-mile, road-course track. It could be expanded to seat 100,000 people, and officials say the complex could host retail shops, a hotel, research-and-development space and other business operations. Local officials point to the construction and permanent jobs the track would create, and they suggest it will boost tourism. Harry Schlange, chief administrative officer for Fort Erie, noted that officials never called it a “NASCAR track.” But investors and local officials said the track would be built to the specifications needed to host an auto race at the level of NASCAR, Indy Racing League or another series. They noted NASCAR had said publicly that it wants to locate a race in Canada, and they pointed out Fort Erie’s proximity to Toronto and to major markets in the United States. However, Poston said this part of North America already is well-covered by NASCAR races in Montreal, Watkins Glen and Loudon, N. H. Officials said it’s no surprise NASCAR is saying no right now. A lot of communities want to bring NASCAR to their tracks, and the organization can’t make premature promises, Thibert added. NASCAR faced an antitrust suit over a race track project in Kentucky. Still, Thibert said investors and local officials have been in negotiations with other racing leagues. He said he couldn’t identify them yet. “We have all sorts of plans, and all sorts of things in place,” Thibert said.(Buffalo News)(10-18-2008)

Good article and not a huge surprise. Especially with the sponsorship issues NASCAR is having right now with the Auto industry in turmoil.

Meh, there are nicer tracks, architecually speaking. Still, i’d like to race in Fort Erie some day.

:lol:

DID YOU READ ANY PART OF THIS THREAD??? DID YOU EVEN READ THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD??? REALLY, HOW FAR CAN ONE FALL???

I HAVE BEEN REALLY HESITANT ABOUT TEARING INTO YOU BUT YOU MAY BE ONE OF THE DUMBEST FUCKS IN THE HISTORY OF MULTI-CELL ORGANISMS

How do you continue to wake up morning after morning knowing you have to be you???

Anybody know anything about this?

Meanwhile, reports are surfacing of several new circuits being built up the St. Lawrence River near Niagara Falls, Ontario. With the backing of Jeff Gordon and others, Kuwaiti investment firm Bayt Al Mal is reportedly building a new $200 million motorsports park in Niagara to include a one-mile oval track for NASCAR races and a 2.5-mile road course that could attract the Canadian Grand Prix to the site. The facility being built boasts seating capacity for 100,000, plus hotels and other accommodations on a 623 acre site. Several other projects are also reportedly under way in the region, close to upstate New York and not far from Detroit, including a 3.5-mile road course for the IRL.

Repots

EDIT: http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59033&highlight=niagara+race

L2search

really? i searched… couldnt find anything

“Niagara race” came up as the first result.

They were talking about this on the radio. The whole campus there is gonna be pretty sweet if they go through with it.

Look Buffalo, Canada is working on yet another reason to make us go there and spend money…

When they are referring to the CGP they are referring to IRL not F1.

IRL = Danica :slight_smile:

Little update from inside track.
http://nyspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9458&stc=1&d=1243521135

:tup: