Fort Erie NASCAR Track (Canadian Motor Speedway) *Construction: 2017*

Fuggin awesome. Good to see it has garnered some “high profile” attention… better odds of it coming to fruition. :tup:

Sounds like its on track

:rimshot:

This is gr8 news!!!

Looks cool but only have the mile oval will hurt, not many series can take advantage of that but I guess it follows the nascar theme of every new track being a 1 mile D shaped track. They should add a smaller inner oval like Charlotte so they can run the smaller series, but I guess most of you wouldn’t care about that.

Since Search doesn’t work, I’m just going to post these here, if a mod wants to take the time to search through 80 pages on this pile of a server to find the original thread, go for it.

just goes to show the $ Jeff Gordon has

(i know he’s not fronting all of the $ but still)

You know you’re a baller when you have your own signature speedway

pics no work?

Just a bump, but this was approved by the Fort Erie local council this evening by a unanimous vote. It goes to the Canadian regional council on Wednesday night, if it’s approved there then the project goes forward (provided they actually have the funding, which I’ve been told they do).

And here is the website for it:

http://www.cdnmotorspeedway.com/

http://www.cdnmotorspeedway.com/images/image-development.jpg

the trend is a mile and a half D shaped.

a mile track would be similer to syracuse and perfect for local series such as modifieds and latemodles. probabaly not great for street stocks, tho

Heard this as well but also heard funding is NOT a certain bet… which makes more sense to me than the actual project aspirations…

Hope they actually allow track days there… non-oval.

This is getting exciting :slight_smile:

Wait, so this won’t have any type of road course? Just the oval?

2.6 mile multi configuration FIA grade Road Course

Ah. Good stuff. It would be real nice to have somewhere to take the bike. :tup: This would justify having a dedicated track bike.

yeah i would love to have a longer track thats not a far drive. and to try somewhere new

fort erie’s Bass Pro

But at least they are closer to building it than we are to getting a Bass Pro. I’d rather have a track.

Regional Council unanimously votes to build. :tup:

wow. This is awesome. :tup:

It would be awesome if they held motorcycle track days here, would be great to have a close track. :tup: