NETWORK EXCLUSIVE: Introducing Niagara Falls World of Motorsport!

Ladies and gentlemen, this is one of the reasons we’ve brought the forums together to form this network. :tup:

Before I begin, NEXT WEDNESDAY the 24th of March we need members from all of these forums, if available, to show up and support this project at a public meeting in Niagara Falls. Info below;

Click HERE for directions to City Hall
Wednesday, March 24th @ 6:00pm

I’ll be setting up a cruise there from Buffalo if people want and we’ll setup something for the Ontario members as well. The site proposal will be presented and outlined for everyone in attendance. This is an important meeting for the public, not just locally, to voice their opinions on the track. And we need as much support as you can give!

This is NOT the “NASCAR” track proposed in Fort Erie!

Backgroud

Back in 2008 I was invited to a meeting in an awkward location… or so it seemed at the time. Standing near a field and small airport I was informed that what I was looking at was the future site of a new racetrack. This project has been in the works for some time since then but has managed to stay quiet for the most part due to the “NASCAR” track in Fort Erie overshadowing it. However, Niagara Falls World of Motorsport shares almost nothing in common with that proposed track. And since the process is coming along and we need public support, it’s time to put it out there:

This image has been revised recently, so it is not 100% accurate.
Click HERE for track location

Some stats:

• 1/4 mile drag strip (2 lanes)
  • 3.5 mile (5.6 km) road course
  • 1 km long main straight
  • 4 to 5 meters of elevation change
  • 1 km long go-cart track

… just to name a few things.

Bing and I have partnered with the ownership of this track so that when this happens, NYSpeed, SON, TN & AN members will have access and opportunities beyond other organizations. In fact, this forum network will hold the discussion forums for this track and the ownership will be using our blog feature to communicate with you the members!

I won’t go into depth surrounding the business plan here, but one of the important points to make is that it will compliment the existing infrastructure, hospitality and tourism aspects of Niagara Falls. More of this will be detailed in next Wednesdays meeting.

The track will be built to handle pretty much anything, from F1 to MotoGP. More about this will be detailed on Wednesday too.

Track completion (the road-course portion) could be done by early Q4 2010, with events in 2011. So if all goes well, we could be on track late this year. :slight_smile:

Cliffs:

3.5 Mile Road Course & 1/4 mile drag strip located 10 minutes from the city of Buffalo in Niagara Falls Ontario!

So please post up if you can make it out next Wednesday!
:tup:

:mpd::mpd::mpd::bigtup:

+1

[QUOTE=;][/QUOTE]
Fuck, and I had to leave Buffalo.

[QUOTE=;][/QUOTE]
Damn that looks like a sweet track :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=;][/QUOTE]
100% down.

[QUOTE=;][/QUOTE]
that means i have a reason to get my EDL. cant wait!!! not far at all though

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!

Exciting news, wish I could make it there to show my support on wednesday :(.

Any new news on the proposed track ouside of Barrie?

[QUOTE=;][/QUOTE]
Josh, I will absolutely, positively be there.

You sneaky bastards lol. This is incredible. :tup: I’m anxious to see how this develops and how the relationships you are starting with companies in the automotive world grow as well. Impressive stuff. Keep it up, man.

I would be there if I wasn’t 6000 miles away.

Thanks guys, we’re quite excited about it too :slight_smile:

Edenvale is a go once some paving is completed. I think late June / July was the last time estimate :tup:

Can we also make a point that we need to present ourselves appropriately… as in, no hats, jerseys, rat box cars etc. etc.

We should all be well groomed and dressed like we would for work in a business casual office.

There are opposition groups that will be present i am sure, we need to be cautious and show that the track will attract educated and repsonsible young men to it.

Wow! This is awesome, Josh! If I had off of work I’d be there for sure! Good luck guys, this would be amazing!

FINALY. now i need to build a Saturn for raod course racing. Im sure they will have a 4 cly class I can enter with it.

[QUOTE=;][/QUOTE]
Bing, can I wear my white suite?

how does one wear a suite?

how long will this meeting be in progress for ?

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

Proper Uniform

http://noun.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/picture-2.png

[QUOTE=;][/QUOTE]
anyone down from mississauga to do this?? pm so we can set something up

[QUOTE=;][/QUOTE]
sweet