Fort Erie NASCAR Track (Canadian Motor Speedway) *Construction: 2017*

Explain then. What benefits would we really see?

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Or you can explain as well.

^ It’s not worth it. We couldn’t explain why standing next to drift cars taking pictures was a bad idea to you so why bother trying to explain this.

Thats like telling rally photographers that its dumb to stand on the side while cars are passing by. That’s a choice I was willing to take. This is completely different. Please explain. I’d love to hear how this gives such a great benefit to the area.

How many races a year will be held at the track? How many of which will fill all the seating? Are these events going to be 100% if they build the track? Or just rumors. Sorry but I dont see it being a significant gain for Buffalo.

Edit: I see more of that money you think would be coming to Buffalo, going to the Canadian side of the Falls.

wah wah wah. Who cares what country or city it benefits more.

All i care about (along with the select others) is that this is another place to do track events at that isn’t 5 hours away. So amen to that.

and it would be badass to see a Whelen Mod race, or some of Nascar’s lower divisions race there

I was just commenting to previous posts on other pages. Still happy to see it being a possible thing happening.

Yep, that’s why there are specified zones for that shit. Why do you even bother posting? Every post out of your mouth is either straight complaints or stupidity. You’re worse than Karter.

:word:

News to me. Usually someone with press credentials can go where ever they want. Check youtube to see how many guys have been saved by trees and other objects. Also how many they pass randomly where noone else is spectating.

Whatever, I laugh at those who have to call me out on my post. Gives me a laugh for the day.

Not sure how my post was complaining either when I said about bringing money to Buffalo, or stupid for that matter either. You guys all just have to comment when I post because you have to troll everything I say. lol Read further back in the thread, commmets were made about revenue for Buffalo. I made my comment to those. kept it inline with the thread. You guys all just have to find something to jump on my back about, its really funny.

Edit: best part is meeting all you guys for the first time at a meet. No one knows who I am most of the meet and gets along with me perfectly fine. When they find out, they are shocked I am who I tell them.

Checking youtube videos = going to events.

Let me know when you’ve been to a professional motorsports event with credentials.

oh i thought this thread was about the racetrack… i guess it isn’t?

I’m voting to require nyspeed uniform t shirts at all meets / events with everyone’s screen name.

No shit, I started a thread this morning and it got merged with this one…now the thread sucks because there is USA drama going down, tons of love to Josh and Mike but we should keep this thread dedicated to track updates, info and thoughts.

Id 2nd that. Also looks like i have a reason to get my passport now.

I wish it was just about the track, that kid (yam) shits up every thread.

That being said, so fucking glad this is being built. Hopefully they do build the road course still and they charge a lesser amount that WGI. I’d also LOVE to see some 12-24 hour races there, and I’ll even goto circle track stuff with Nabb and pound beers.

i still don’t believe that it will be built.

approvals are just the beginning. the scale and multi-source funding required is a more significant hurdle to overcome.

it would be nice to have some jobs in Fort Erie though; building this track i mean.

Alot of guys at work are sceptical as well. This approval is a huge step and almost every website and newspaper is saying construction may start over the winter or early spring. The biggest issue which is brought up is the infrastructure. The current QEW interchanges and fort erie roads cannot handle the expected traffic demands. I think it will come down to if an how much public funding is needed. I am being very optimistic but I could just be blinded by the oppourtunity to rip up a new track. Lets keep out fingers crossed! Im currently working at the Niagara Region so if any news comes along ill be sure to pass it on.

fuck yeah. That’s what I’m talking about! many beers!

:word:

If the funding for the track is private and the developers can prove they have interest from some major series to run there I don’t see the requirement that the local government beef up some highway on/off ramps being a big issue. A big race weekend is a huge amount of money being dumped into the local economy and building roads to support such commerce is really one of those core things a government is supposed to do. How many times have you had some tax and spender counter your bitching about high taxes and how little the government actually does for you with, “BUT WHO WILL BUILD THE ROADS?!?!”. Ok, fine, shut the fuck up and build some roads so I can go lapping and maybe I’ll bitch less about paying PST+GST when I want to spend a weekend tasting wines with the wife.

good stuff