Forum vote to disband from PittSpeed?

Understandably, a lot went into the merger of Nyspeed and PittSpeed, but might it be possible to take a network-wide vote to split from PittSpeed? I’m sure a lot of us (NYSpeeders) would be in favor of this, as it seems that the two forums just don’t mesh well together. The dudes up north (Son240x or w/e) are perfectly fine and seem to get along well with us, but the majority of PittSpeed do not.

This isn’t a rant thread, a bashing thread or anything of that matter, just a honest question for our Mods and Admins.

Let’s keep the BS out of this thread, save it for somewhere else.

It’s easy enough, just ban them from Network wide forums, they are as bad as Ahmed. They don’t care to have civil discussions, just shit on threads.

i started this thread once and it got deleted fast.

said it wasnt possible. but it is possible.

if they reallllly wanted too, they could make nyspeed a stand alone forum again, but wheres the ad revenue in that?

ironically, due to the huge ammount of poor driving canadians i deal with on a regular basis, i dont mind any of the canadian members.

Guys, josh (onyx) doesnt go outta his way and buy up forums and dedicate all his time because he loves cars. that may be part of a reason but the fact of the matter is, if this gets big enough it can be very profitable with advertising and such. Just gotta deal with the mind numbing BS that they spew out non stop.

This is the real issue I am having right now. Not many of them seem to have any interest at in in actual rational or logical discussion. Just shit showing up threads and being annoying.

I just feel like as an automotive community we’re better off excluding the majority of PittSpeed members from our forums.

I mean, I joined NYSpeed because I love cars and bikes, and found a common interest with other people in the area. With this merger though, it’s not that same community. Atleast the Canadians are close enough and similar enough to our community that we get along for the most part.

Perhaps an option to silence entire networks?

Stop getting in the way of Nyspeed’s forum imperialism. And besides, i was looking forward to the big spring callout races.

Exactly, every thread has some pittspeed member starting the post off with hey faggot, retard, chick car driving mother fucker, etc. Even arguing back with them isn’t fun because I don’t wanna:

1. shit up the original thread intent into a pissing match
  2. over step my boundary on what I say and get the ban stick
  3. piss off mods

They really just show their colors as being testosterone pumping neanderthals as heart.

---------- Post added 12-13-2010 at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was 12-12-2010 at 11:59 PM ----------

So shaggy got the boot over the weekend and old man rocking chair just got a temp boot from network. Realistically, maybe by the end of the year they will all just have got themselves banned. lol

The members who can’t be constructive in the network forums are loosing their access one-by-one. We’ve said it over and over again. I just pulled another members access a few minutes ago. Eventually the members who can’t control their keyboards will weed themselves out. It’s simply just a matter of time.

We’re not dumping out the forum because of a few outspoken pot-stirrers. There are a LOT of dedicated automotive people on PittSpeed, almost as many as on NYSpeed. And those are the people who will benefit from the network. You’ll meet these guys at our drag event in the spring.

In the mean time, use the “ignore” feature for those members getting on your nerves. If they’re acting like children, report the post and we’ll take care of it.

So shaggy got the boot over the weekend and old man rocking chair just got a temp boot from network. Realistically, maybe by the end of the year they will all just have got themselves banned. lol

More than likely… just wait it out.

We’re not dumping out the forum because of a few outspoken pot-stirrers. There are a LOT of dedicated automotive people on PittSpeed, almost as many as on NYSpeed. And those are the people who will benefit from the network. You’ll meet these guys at our drag event in the spring.

Agreed…not all are bad

I think that before any real discussion is going to happen, you can stop lumping ALL pittspeed members into one label.

Not all of us act like that, but some did… feel free to call the rest of us names, whatever you have to do to feel better. It certainly wouldn’t hurt admit antagonization either.

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Hmm, subject matter in several of those instances can’t possibly play a role in that now can it? You can’t really be suprised that people here (virtually all of pittspeed is PGH area) don’t give a shit about drifting, local happenings in Canada, or Kia’s, etc? The reverse is true as well, what do you care what we do locally?

I will never see any of you on track, well mostly because none of you actually race, but because we aren’t even close enough to mesh at regional events. I mean, let’s face it… NYspeed/RHDhandjob/Son’s240rustybuckets/ and pittspeed are HARDLY motorsports sites when you get down to it. Complete absence of tech anything, no racers at all other than a few dedicated drag guys. Most of us woke up one day to find the forums meshed. I personally just stay uninvolved, but much like you guys this is where I stayed connected to friends I met through cars. Now we have two groups desparately tryin to out stupid each other.

I have to say the pittspeed retard posting on an internet forum that he doesn’t click on internet links because of all the viruses was one of the funniest/ironic things I’ve seen here in a while.

^^^excellent contribution to the discussion. golf clap

I think it’s been well establish by now that not all the PittSpeed guys are looking to start shit… or confuse JayS’s GTO with a Cavalier, lol.

But I can understand the reactionary reflex to brand everyone as an asshat. Fortunately that’s not the case and

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

He’s not talking about you, but the guy who called the Motortrend discount “spam” and his GTO a Cavalier.

I’d give up my internet rights before I ever became a little like a number of our members… but those guys can be fairly entertaining, they are just not as prissy and polite as many would like. But no one can say we are all the same… nor could we lump all of you into one stereotype. It just becomes offensive and helps stir the shit

I am probably one of the few who have any interest in what happens up north. I’m planning to hit a few rallycrosses up north in Rochester next year, have a trip planned to Rochester and Syracuse mid-January as well as in the process of planning a birthday party in Buffalo towards the end of May (same weekend I’ll be spectating the AM-CAN Judo match, so there’s even some canuck interest there) but otherwise, I don’t see a lot of our members traveling north for events. And most of our “drifters” moved on, and found better ways to enjoy their cars

Maybe just leaving the topics nyspeed members post in nyspeed’s own off topic should just be left there instead of things getting moved to net wide?

I’ve moved very few threads to the network section. If you don’t post it in the network section, I assume you don’t want it there.

I really don’t see the problem. Just take your bat and ball and go home if you don’t want to play. Change is good.

Pittspeed, bringing some of NYSpeed closer since 2010.

Two completely different demographics not being judged by the populous.

I can’t speak for the OG Pittspeed people because I’m not one of them, but from my own opinion, we’re not all bad folks, and quite honestly, many of the people that you folks are finding so offensive are actually really cool in person. Some of the very people I’d want to bitch-slap from their posts here and back when it was just pittspeed are actually good guys if you’d meet them. So many times when it was just pittspeed I’d type up a reply to some idiotic closed-minded post but then realize before I hit send that it would just add gasoline to the fire. So I’d clear it out and not reply at all.
The abrupt way of communicating is just how it was always done there. This isn’t some new way of communicating for many of them that has just surfaced after nyspeed came into the mix. You all aren’t used to it, as many who joined pittspeed in the past few years weren’t, either (me included). You either got scared away, or joined in, got your ass handed to you as a noob for a long time, had your car made fun of (regardless of what it was) and eventually found yourself joining in the “shenanigans” (but still being called a noob faggot). It gets to the point where you’d think “faggot” is actually a friendly term because it’s used so much. A few there would call their own grandma faggot and make fun of her car. That’s just the 'Burgh way. But maybe that’s why our sports teams win (that was low, sorry).
Sorry for the posts that pissed all of you off. Just remember, we’re not all like that. You can narrow down the people who are doing the instigating to a handful. There are many of us who just laugh at their posts, and laugh even harder at how easily they seem to bait you guys.
Ignore them, and eventually they won’t go away… lol… so I guess, just ignore them anyhow.
Remember, many of the old school Pittspeed folks didn’t even want to let new people on when it was Pittspeed. What it has become, because of this acquisition (and it’s abrupt occurence), is everything those folks would’ve hoped it would never become. So, putting yourself in those same shoes, perhaps you can understand a little better.
It’s unfortunate that the same rules that pittspeed had (which were pretty much none) couldn’t be carried over to just the pittspeed section here. That goes for sigs, avatars, content, etc. And it’s also unfortunate that some decide they can’t just stick to their own region’s forum and feel they have to go instigate on another. And that, like some of the faggots on these forums, goes both ways.
Just my two cents.
On a side note, I’m in Buffalo a lot for work. I usually either stay downtown in the summer so I can catch Thursday nights on the square, or Williamsville or Ellicotville (for obvious reasons) in the winter. I’m always up for a beer or six. As a goodwill non-faggot gesture, I’ll buy.

fah_quad = fuc k wad