Forza 2

??? 20 something vastly different cars, 1 full track, no time limit, and 3 laps? It’s a driving sim, how much more do you need to get an opinion?

the ability to tune the setup at least so you can see how much they changed, and maybe another track just so you can get a different feel for the cars, a fast track and a slow track would have been good, and possibly one that has more of a grade change to see if they changed the effect that has at all. just a little more then what they gave, but i guess thats the marketing scheme, they give you just enough to get interested and wonder then you have to go out and buy it to see what the whole thing is really like.

goto ign.com they have a gazillion videos on what you can change and do to your cars.

why watch a video, its better to do it yourself

I played the demo at Gamestop in the mall.

While it is definitely an improvement over Forza 1 in some areas, overall I’m not really impressed:

• I was expecting the graphics to blow me away, and they didn’t. :shrug: I noticed the anti-aliasing too

• cars still do weird things under braking, as well as the grip of the tires is still not quite right. It’s like they are trying to overstate drifting. :roll: Car loses traction where it has no business doing so, same as in Forza 1

Went back home and fired up GTR2, and now I understand even better why games like Gran Turismo and Forza can’t hold a candle to it. Forza 2 seems like they took some cake that doesn’t taste the greatest and added enough frosting to drown out the taste.

Pre-release feelings = :meh: , I’ll wait for the full version to see how they handle adjustability options (which seems to be the thing they are stressing the most), and how the AI interacts in the game as weill as if they fixed that drivatar crap before making a concrete opinion. It’s going to take a lot more than what I saw in the demo to get me excited enough to buy a 360 and a copy of Forza 2. For me right now, AI interaction/improvement and Drivatar (how they implement this time around) are key for me to start getting remotely excited aobut this game.

I’m sure it will do well though. The “modability” will be huge for the average crowd (I will admit I’m a stickler for realism especially where physics are concerned) where realism is more about how the game looks and how many things they can change on the car.

The Ferrari F430 did sound nice though. :slight_smile: :tup:

Graphics didn’t amaze me in the game…

That being said I enjoyed the rest of the game. All the extra sound effects such as the shifter clicking made it all the more fun. Took a little while for me to adjust to the controls since I’ve played all the Gran Turismos and haven’t really played a racing game on the Xbox. I like that the control of the car is more realistic feeling than GT. Especially being able to control your car when the rear starts to kick out. GT seemed to like auto correcting that too much.

Is it just me or are the breaks extremely hard to control. I suppose I just have to get used to using the triggers as throttle controls instead of just on/off buttons.

I ended up turning the ABS on. I found it very hard to modulate the brakes using the trigger. Probably be a lot better with a wheel and pedals.

Consoles::Xbox360 noURL

Wait, please…
Completed NFO
cvn-fms2.nfo

°°°°°    °°°°°     °°      °°°°      °°°°    °°°°°      °°°°°
   °°°²Û²°  °°°²Û²°   °°²°    °°°²Û²°   °°²Û²°  °°°²Û²°   °°°°²Û²°
 °°²²ÛÛÛ²°°°°²ÛÛÛ²°°°²ÛÛÛ²°°°°°²ÛÛÛ²°°°°°²ÛÛ²°°°°²ÛÛÛ²°°°°°°°²ÛÛ²°
°°²ÛÛ²°°°°°²ÛÛ²ÛÛ²°°²ÛÛ²ÛÛ²°°²ÛÛ²ÛÛ²°°²Û²°ÛÛ²°°²ÛÛ²ÛÛ²°²²²°°°²ÛÛ²°
°²ÛÛ²°°°°°²ÛÛ²°ÛÛ²°²ÛÛ²°ÛÛ²°²ÛÛ²°ÛÛ²°²ÛÛ²°ÛÛ²°²ÛÛ²°ÛÛ²°²ÛÛÛ²°²ÛÛ²°
°²ÛÛ²°°°°°²ÛÛ²ÛÛÛ²°²ÛÛ²ÛÛ²°°²ÛÛ²ÛÛÛ²°²ÛÛ²°ÛÛ²°²ÛÛ²ÛÛÛ²°²ÛÛ°Û²²ÛÛ²°
°²ÛÛ²°°°°°²ÛÛÛ°ÛÛ²°²ÛÛ²°ÛÛ²°²ÛÛÛ°ÛÛ²°²ÛÛ²°ÛÛ²°²ÛÛÛ°ÛÛ²°²ÛÛ°ÛÛ°ÛÛ²°
°²ÛÛ²²ÛÛ²°²ÛÛ²°ÛÛ²°²ÛÛ²°ÛÛ²°²ÛÛ²°ÛÛ²°²ÛÛ²°ÛÛ²°²ÛÛ²°ÛÛ²°²ÛÛ²°Û°ÛÛ²°
°²ÛÛ²ÛÛ²°°²ÛÛ²°ÛÛ²°²ÛÛ²°ÛÛ²°²ÛÛ²°ÛÛ²°²ÛÛ²°ÛÛ²°²ÛÛ²°ÛÛ²°²ÛÛ²°ÛÛÛÛ²°
°²ÛÛÛ²°° °²ÛÛ²°ÛÛ²°²ÛÛ²°ÛÛ²°²ÛÛ²°ÛÛ²°²ÛÛ²ÛÛ²°°²ÛÛ²°ÛÛ²°²ÛÛ²°²ÛÛ²°°
°²Û²°°   °²Û²°²ÛÛ²°²Û²°²ÛÛ²°²Û²°²ÛÛ²°°²²Û²°°°°²Û²°²ÛÛ²°²Û²°°°²²°°
°°²°°     °²°°²ÛÛ²°°²°°²ÛÛ²°°²°°²ÛÛ²°°²°°°   °°²°°²ÛÛ²°²Û²°°°°°
°°°        ° °°²Û²° ° °°²Û²° °°°°²Û²°°°°      °°°°°²Û²° ²°°°
            °°°     °°°°      °°°              °°°°
                °±°                    °

C a r a v a n ÛÛÛ° °±ÛÛÛÛÛ± °²ÛÛÛ² P R E S E N T S
±ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ± ° ±ÛÛÛ±²ÛÛÛ±
°±ÛÛ²°²ÛÛ° °ÛÛÛÛ± ²ÛÛÛÛÛ° °°±±²ÛÛÛÛÛ°
ÛÛÛÛ±±±²ÛÛÛ± °ÛÛÛÛ± ±Û±°±ÛÛÛ²°ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ²±±°
±ÛÛ° ±ÛÛÛ± ²ÛÛ ±ÛÛ±±ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ²±°°°°±±±±±±±°°°°
°ÛÛ° ÛÛÛÛÛ°±ÛÛÛ±° °ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ²²²²²²²ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ±
ÛÛ° °±° ÛÛ±°ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ±°ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ²²±±±°
ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ±° °±ÛÛÛÛÛÛ±°±ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ± °°°°°±±±ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ±±±
°ÛÛÛ²ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ²° °²ÛÛÛÛ±°°°°±ÛÛÛÛ± °±ÛÛ±
²Û± ±±±ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ²±±°°°°°°°±ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ±
ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ°ÛÛÛ±°°°°°°°°°°°°±ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ° ±ÛÛÛ²
±ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ±±±±±±±±±±±±±ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ° ±ÛÛ± ±ÛÛ°
±ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ±Û° ÛÛÛ±±±±±±±±±±±ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ² ±ÛÛ °ÛÛ °²ÛÛ²°
±ÛÛ±°ÛÛÛ°±Û± ÛÛÛ±±±±±±²ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ° ÛÛ± ±ÛÝ °ÛÛÛÛ
±ÛÛ± ÛÛÛ°°ÛÛ± ±ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ±°ÛÛÛ° ²Û± ÛÛ° °ÛÛÛ±
ÞÛ± ±ÛÛ² ±ÛÛ± °ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ±°°±ÛÛÛ° ±ÛÛÝ ±Û² °ÛÛÛ±
°ÛÛÛ°°ÛÛÛ° ²ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ±°°°°ÛÛÛ² ±ÛÛ°²Û±±ÛÛÛ²
²ÛÛÛ °ÛÛ² °ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ±°°°°°°²ÛÛÛ² °ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ±
ÞÛÛ± ²ÛÛ° °ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ±±±°°°°°°°°°°ÛÛÛÛÛÛ° °ÛÛÛ°
± ÛÛÛ° °ÛÛ±°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°±ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ² °ÛÛÛ±
ÛÛÛ± ²ÛÛ±°°°°°°°°°°±²ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ²ÛÛÛ±
ÞÛÛ± ²ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ²° °°
°° °²ÛÛÛÛÛ±±°

Ú°þßßß ßßßßßß ßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßß ßßß ßß ß þ
³³Ý °°°°±±±±² RELEASE iNFO ²±±±±°°°°
À°þÜÜÜ ÜÜÜ ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ ÜÜÜÜÜÜ ÜÜ Ü þ
°°°
Ú±±± GAME - Forza_Motorsport_2_JPN_XBOX360-Caravan
³²²
³² SUPPLiER…: Caravan
³Ý RiPPER…: Caravan
³Ý PACKAGER…: Caravan
³Ý FiLENAME…: cvn-fms2
³Ý GENRE…: Racing
³Ý SiZE…: 71 x 100MB
³Ý ORiGiN…: JPN/NTSC
³Ý iMAGE…: ISO
³Ý SOURCE…: [ ] CD [X] DVD
³Ý PLATFORM…: XBOX360
³Ý RLS DATE…: 2007/05/24
³² SHOP DATE.: 2007/05/24
³²²
À±±±
°°°
Ú°þßßß ßßßßßß ßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßß ßßß ßß ß þ
³³Ý °°°°±±±±² GAME iNFO ²±±±±°°°°
À°þÜÜÜ ÜÜÜ ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ ÜÜÜÜÜÜ ÜÜ Ü þ
°°°
Ú±±±
³²² http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/games/f/forzamotorsport/
³²
³Ý
³²
³²²
À±±±
°°°

Ú°þßßß ßßßßßß ßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßß ßßß ßß ß þ
³³Ý °°°°±±±±² GREETiNGS ²±±±±°°°°
À°þÜÜÜ ÜÜÜ ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ ÜÜÜÜÜÜ ÜÜ Ü þ
°°°
Ú±±± KALISTO , ECHELON , Project X , MODE7 , Rising Sun
³²²
³² JCT , eNRAGE , DOLMEXICA , KANiMOGE , GeNiuS , WjR
³Ý
³² DMU , ARTiSAN , STARCUBE , Lightforce , USA , MUPS
³²²
À±±± and All Friends.
°°°

Wait, please…
jp Forza Motorsport 2 pally 7,108.1MB 11h 10h 8

japan ntsc, trying it now, doubt it will work as it doesnt work on pal

Backups offline can score you a ban from XBL

so?

can’t wait till the 9th !!!

fucking jap region locked on all releases so far, ohh well its released soon enough, im gunna buy it anyways to play online, still not banned.

Pre-Release
Ships 5/29/07 $59.99

seems to be shipping to stores tommorow from ebgames, i dunno…lol

the 9th is the last day that mine is Suppose to come

any local stores have this today? So far target and best buy do not, and circuit city said maybe after 5. I’m going on a hunt for a copy of this later… :D. Let me know if anyone has any luck

Got my call from EBGames, they have my reserve copy today. I probably won’t pick it up though.

i called all ebgames and no one had anything

If you didn’t pre-order, they won’t admit to it. But I pre-ordered early enough to get the game plus trinkets plus some super secret activation code to unlock the cover car in the game immediately.

If I remember correctly, their first shipment is only to cover pre-orders. Itagaki can step in and confirm/deny since he has those type of connections.

They probably won’t have the game “in-stock” for another 48 hours give or take, if that early.

i have a gift card for bestbuy…so i’ll buy there…but they didn’t have it today…and eb games didn’t have it either…gay…i want this game!

well since im probably gunna be banned, no sense in me actually buying it to play on live, lol so ill probably just DL it when its released.

I might swing up to the super wal-mart at midnight and see if they’ll give up a copy

edit: no such luck :frowning: