Fox says Time Warner Cable may drop Fox television shows

If I lose my fox sports channels I’m dropping TW. There’s always good college hockey games on that can’t be seen anywhere else.

You guys have a serious case of short term memory. This happens with every provider. A couple years ago dish network had a major network pulled during negotiations (I think it was fox). Time Warner went through this last year with WIVB. Directv still has VS pulled while they fight. One of them was close to pulling ABC because my Lost obessed coworker was freaking out.

Basically this is the industries new standard operating procedure for contract negotiations.

they pull this shit every year. Fox really fucked the pooch when they started streaming on the internet.

i’ll be pissed if they fuck up 24 for me. Fox has some of the best shows

I just read this from buffalo news in a sabres article:

DIRECTV subscribers, already short on hockey coverage because it dropped Versus on Sept. 1, may lose Sabres broadcasts starting with Friday’s game against Atlanta.

The satellite company is negotiating with Cablevision to renew a contract that expires today. Cablevision owns Rainbow Media, which includes the MSG network among its properties.

Cry a fucking river, it takes 1 second to get the blue screen off.

Look at a year ago when TW had 20 HD stations, that new “save bandwidth” thing that you know dick about has helped TW reach 100 HD stations.

Your posts are full of crap, why don’t you do TW a favor and switch to dish and stop crying.

It is a 4 hour timer, that resets if you hit any button on the remote. 90 year old people understand the concept and do not complain… Whats so hard?

Just made the switch to DISH… 120 channels, most of them in HD, Multiroom DVR, Locals, 1 year of Cinemax, 3 months of HBO/SHO, and a Free iPod Shuffle for $39.99/month no tax, no activation. ($54.99 after the first year of the two year contract)

Carbonfiberhooded will be here on Saturday to install. :tup:

Looking forward to a program guide & dvr interface that doesn’t look 20 years old and isn’t laggy, as well as better picture quality.

just because you love serious dick jammed in your ass dosent mean you get to come to the internet and be a preachy faggot, you fucking preachy faggot.

Do I understand it?
Yeah, I understand it, I also think its fucking queer, and I dont give 2 shits who dosent complain, I dont need to be hitting buttons in the middle of a movie for no reason.

:sario: You’re fucking life is full of crap, why dont you do us all a favor and fucking kill yourself, you non contributing piece of shit.:suicide:

:bigclap: I may be following suit

lmao bravo… Must of took awhile for your two brain cells to come up with that.

If i lose 24 and Sons of Anarchy, I will be very unhappy.

You can get Fox over the air for free in high def. Tell them to go pound salt and move on unless they put a decent tv series on that network.

i would think this would be beneficial to those of us who complained and got the nhl package for free. msg would no longer have broadcasting rights so we would get the majority if not all sabres games on the fsn stations no? as opposed to them being blacked out

Yea, but the point of owning cable, is so I don’t need a HD antenna and converter box in addition to the cable.

Fox has a whole lot more to offer than the shitty stations that are cable only. BET Oxygen… just a few examples.

What does FSN have to do with the sabres? Center Ice usually grabs the Home Team feed regardless of the network but does NOT pick up Versus feeds.

Black out rules on Center Ice only seem to apply when you can see the game on a channel other than the center ice feeds.

center ice blacks out all the local games

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100101/ap_on_hi_te/us_tec_cable_tv_dispute;_ylt=AkvLMtK_Vft7d_1zB.rvOhys0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTNuYW9jMjMyBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwMTAxL3VzX3RlY19jYWJsZV90dl9kaXNwdXRlBGNjb2RlA21vc3Rwb3B1bGFyBGNwb3MDMwRwb3MDOARwdANob21lX2Nva2UEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yeQRzbGsDZm94Z3JhbnRzYnJp

TW is not the only cable company fighting with these negotiations. Cablevision (NYC area) just dropped Food network and HGTV last night.

TV is getting too expensive. IMO, the networks are greedy. They think they can just pass costs onto your provider and that they wont care because they will just jack up the consumer’s cost. Well that’s just BS. I agree with the cable companies.

I don’t see Fox struggling for cash these days. You would think in tough economic times, they can look out for consumers at least a little bit and just KEEP their rates the same. If TW just gives in, your bill will go up.

Not gonna read three pages of this to find out if this has already been said. Time Warner WILL NOT lose Fox in Buffalo. The contract with the local Fox was never part of this. Time Warner and WUTV are not even in negotiations this year. The article that was posted was about Fox owned and operated stations, not the affiliate broadcasting companies.

TW bought the remaining seats at the Bills game so it wont be blacked out, thats a nice thing to do

Done Deal.