Time Warner and Fox

So when are the officially losing it? Anyone know the actual story behind this? I know they are losing it but everyone says a different date. Not that it really matters to me, since I work for DirecTV but I would just like to know because I get asked all the time.

The last I heard the contract negotiations were extended to 1/12, which means both sides are getting close. I seriously doubt Time Warner will never let it get to the point where they drop Fox, with 24 and American Idol just about to start back up.

i dont know…
basically from what i read, because fox is a “free” network, time warner basically wants to take it for “free” and charge the customers for it…fox isnt having it. i personally dont think TW will budge and neither does fox, per their statement on their website which urges people to switch to the dish because of this.

i have to laugh at the TW commercials though…urgin people to drop the dish, because they cancelled court tv…big friggin whoopdie doo. lol.

im switching to the dish personally…there is tons of money to be saved by doing so.

DirecTV has Court TV

i dont know what one it was, possibly dish network.

Fuck TW, if they drop fox I’ll drop them.

And pick up DirecTV. FTW

WORD.

I wonder if we can write to them somehow on their website or something, i’ll try to find something.

+1

I will fucking kill people if i cant watch House.

It’s extended till the 12th but there’s no way it will go off for long if it does. Dish Network dropped court TV. That channels just a waste of bandwith anyhow.

TWC will end up caving to fox then using it to attempt to justify another price increase.

the problem is we need someone else to offer some decent internet around here, until then i’m afriad TW is the only way to go :frowning:

from what i hear it’s the local fox affiliate wanting too much for the rights and tw not wanting to pay them. I also heard if they can’t come to an agreement they will pick up the local Fox out of rochester, but this is all 3rd person.

They are trying not to cave but it will be a snowball effect if Fox can get more for it. Besides with all the shows coming up they would be retarded to drop it.

I’m praying Verizon doesn’t take too long on the fiberoptics

i am condsidering it…TW blows…DirectTV is supposed to have internet in some areas too but I dunno if we are one of those areas…but if i do switch to DTv I will get the base slowest internet from Time Warner…my cousin has it and says she didnt notice a difference in speed

Absolutely and totally inconclusive.

FYI the local fox affiliate is retarded, they wanted way too much for adelphia to carry their HDTV signal, so adelphia said no, now TW is being asked to pay more then any other local network (nbc cbs or ABC) to carry fox… TW says no, fox knows they have them by the balls

Course they have them by the balls, they provide programming for a reason, to make money. If time warner is gonna make money off of them, then they should get a cut. Obviously they are worth it, otherwise TW would of just told them to pack sand, so it TW will have to come off of the money. TW wants FOX’s programming for free, but they will try to fuck you in the ass if you tap into thier cable lines without paying.