Frame rail rot

i have a section of frame rail rot about 4-5 inches long right before the firewall, i was planning on fixing it this weekend but i came down with a flu. does anyone else here hame a similar situation and still drive their car? (s13 btw) i usually wouldnt even drive it but i have a job interview tuesday and i NEED this job.

you dont want to know how many S13s i’ve seen that are either missing complete sections of frame rail or are missing complete sections of strut/chassis seam sections etc etc…

none of them would pass safety and all of them would be “eligable” to have their plates pulled and car deemd un-fit.

odds of them actually falling a part on the rode ? (could vary on a load of things)

4’’ or 5’’ of frame rail which is “before” the firewall… so im guessing the step up part is fine ? if so… even if not… 4/5’’ is NOTHING!

drive the car and have fun :wink:

where it steps up into the engine bay it is fine, the only problem area starts about where the rear of the front tire stops and continues for aprox 5 inches, i just dont want to do any damage, ill try to find a pic and show you where

i have frame rails from the front rad support to the shifter area from a clip no rust $80 for the pair let me know they are cut out and ready to pick up