Free lapping/circuit at the track, not drift ?

Hello All
Yes I know we all love drifting, I do too, but I also want to do some gripping at the track. Are there any events where we can do free laps at the track, just like circuit racing, where we dont ‘have’ to drift and just concentrate on best time.

Yea man there are tonssss, sliperysilvia always posts up some good ones closer to the summer, as well as some guys from pacific mall, shannonville is booked almost every weekend you could go lapping on either nelson/fabi or long/pro on either friday saturday or sunday dude! Watch for posts here, then after a couple times at the track you’ll meet people who can introduce you to people who organize other events that are closer to what you like (cars, skill level, time, track etc etc)

When’s the soonest I could get my car out there? April, May?

I just wanna push my car to it’s limits finally…lapping sounds like a good start.

Where are each of these tracks located? Are they all pretty far?

Thanks…

finally some real drivers

http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10234

Right On. I wanna give it all i got!! XD!

Add youself to the list in my thread…I won’t be able to keep track unles sit is on the thread. :slight_smile:

You’ll have fun there for sure. You think you love your car now??? Wait till you track it. :wink: Whole new world and that much more love for it…

Yeah, I recently found a quiet track-like area, pushed the car for 1-2 mins. GREAT feeling. But, WOW, makes you realize how much the stock brakes SUCK and FADE real bad…wow. I can stop on a dime, heel-toe and all, but the instant you REALLY push the car, the braking capability just STOPS… :shock: Way moreso than i’d expected.

Glad i’ll be upgraded in 2-3 months.

See you at the track (just wanted to say it). :wink:

lol yeah my brakes suck too, even though i got premium monroe pads (well… some call them crap pads but its all i can afford), and then after a few quick stops from 150-0 they go PSHHHHHHHH and smoke comes out :S

No…I’ll see YOU at the track. lol. :wink: (i just had to say that back)

i want to hit the track this year to. i want to get into some lapping events and such. i think letting it out on a circuit would be hella fun
Brent

Well if you’re interested post in my thread below.