Friendly Registration Reminder

If you still have a blue sticker on your registration you’re in trouble.

Cops have it real easy with bike registrations for two reasons.

1. They are very visible on the plate of the bike.

2. All registrations run on the same day.

Now that it’s May, all blue registrations are expired and it’s a very easy way to get a ticket.

It’s 14$ to renew, and can be done online in a few minutes.

Ride safe.

http://nysdmv.com/renew/default.html

nice something else i got to fucking do… ! SWEET

had mine renewed the day I received the notice in the mail…along with a fresh inspection!

(which by the way is also easy for the cops to tell on a bike)

Haven’t had my bike inspected since it had a Canary yellow sticker on it (expires in 06 IIRC).

Right now the bike has no inspection sticker whatsoever on it.

Been pulled over ~4 times with an expired sticker or lack of a sticker and was never an issue.

They were just glad I pulled over promptly and was respectful.

I gave up on inspections after my Brand New rear tire failed the inspection due to dry rot. I wasn’t going to get a replacement tire for an already new tire, and the wasn’t going to deal with the website that send me the dry rot tire.

WTF both time I have been pulled over on my bike I have got tickets for inspection…this year I’m keeping up in it lol

Got my registration done last month still gotta get it inspected but that isn’t up till july for me

I’m surprised. Cops don’t like to hassle people on inspections for a few reasons.

1. They assume that if you stop, you’re registered, licensed and insured you’re already better off legally then a most sport bike riders and an “outstanding” example for others.

2. Inspection sticker location varies greatly on bikes, many hide it on the upper forks, some lower forks, cowls etc, so they don’t bother looking for it.

Got mine done yesterday.

Ride on!

Both times I have been pulled over, before they even say anything to me the cop has walked up to my bike looked at the forks for an inspection sticker then asked do you know why I pulled you over.

Where did you get pulled over?

I guess I just got lucky.

It was Colonie X2, Niskayuna and Schenectady.

The only ticket I’ve ever gotten is obstructed plate.

i got pulled over doin 90something southbound on 87 right before the schenectady exit and he asked me if inspection and all papers where legit and up to date but didnt visually check the inspection… and he let m go

had a FAG colonie cop follow me from wolf rd. to rt. 9 on maxwell rd… luckily my bike is legit now so he couldn’t do shit :slight_smile:

Colonie cop one time I was on my way to Elliots house, as soon as I got onto 9 from alt 7 and the other in North Greenbush.

Nice reminder. I just need an inspection which I can’t get until i got my license…

If you need a licensed rider to ride along with you to get your bike inspected, I should be free on Sunday.

Anyone know if you need insurance on your bike to renew the reg online?

Nope, not required and not connected, so you’re good.

All you need is your plate, class abbreviation and a credit card.

Follow the link on top of the thread.

Edit:

What you must have and what you need to know to renew your registration on-line:

• You must know your vehicle plate number and registration class code. If you need help, refer to the sample registration documents.
  • You must provide an e-mail address so the DMV can send you a confirmation. If the e-mail address you enter is blocked or protected, it can prevent the delivery of the confirmation e-mail. Your e-mail program must be able to receive e-mail from addresses that include the domain: dmv.state.ny.us.
  • You must use a credit card to pay the registration renewal fee.
  • Trailer registrations are valid for one year and expire on December 31. If you do not use your trailer until later in the year, you can renew the trailer registration later, and pay a lower pro-rated fee.
  • Allow two weeks to receive your registration documents by mail. If your registration has expired or will expire in less than two weeks, see the FAQ about registrations that are expired or expire soon.
  • If you have a question about the on-line renewal, you can read the FAQs.
  • You cannot cancel the transaction after you submit your payment.

Thanks Vlad. My bikes all set already, but I have been trying to get Frank to renew his.

It’s so convenient that it’s hard not to.

It literally took me 3 minutes to do so, because all the information from last year was still in the memory of the comp, so I just double clicked to fill it all in.

Would have taken your offer if I saw this eariler. :lol