FS: 1994 Audi S4

Im basically seeing if there is any interest in this car, if I can sell it I am buying something new, if not im keeping it for awhile. Price is pretty firm at 7,500 with stock Avus rims or 8,500 adding the BBS CH wheels and tires.

Here are some recent pics, I created a photobucket account that anyone can login to see all the pics. The username is audiurs41994 and the password is audiurs41994.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh117/audiurs41994/audi015.jpg

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh117/audiurs41994/audi011.jpg

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh117/audiurs41994/audi016.jpg

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh117/audiurs41994/audi031-1.jpg

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh117/audiurs41994/audi039-1.jpg

Without BBS wheels

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh117/audiurs41994/Audi090.jpg

Heres some detailed info on the car

1994 AUDI S4

Overview
5 cyl turbocharged engine
225 HP in stock form, the car is chipped for 280 HP
Quattro all wheel drive
5 speed manual transmission
Black exterior, Black leather interior
$7000 in upgrades, $4000 in recent replacement parts

120,000 Miles

Comfort/Convenience Features
Audi/BOSE® music system with anti-theft AM/FM stereo cassette radio and 4 acoustically tuned speaker modules (one in each door), a tweeter in each rear door, and two bass modules on the hat shelf; (includes preparation wiring for CD changer)
Electronic automatic climate control system, including air conditioning
Power glass sunroof (tilt and slide) pre-select opening system
Power windows with driver one-touch down and driver controlled lock-out switch for rear power windows
Retained accessory power for windows and sunroof
Intermittent wiper mode
Vehicle speed-sensitive power steering
Tilt and telescopic adjustable steering column
Tinted glass, banded windshield
Electronic cruise control with resume and speed-up features
Dual power mirrors with memory, defog, right-side tilt reverse
Power central locking system including trunk and fuel door with windows/sunroof convenience close feature and selective locking
Infrared remote activation of locking system, alarm, interior light, and driver seat and outside mirror memory
Power trunk-lid release
Thigh adjustment for front sport seats
Heatable front seats
Heat ducts to rear seat area
Illuminated glove box, trunk, lighter/ashtray
Ignition key with infrared transmitter
Time delay interior light
Right and left illuminated vanity mirrors in sun visor
4 passenger assist handles with 4 reading lights
Cupholders (in center console)
Expandable ski/storage sack
Anti-theft vehicle alarm system with blinking theft-deterrent light
Fuel cap hanger

Interior
8-way power front seats with manual lumbar adjustment and 4 memory positions for driver seat and outside mirrors
Front seatback map pockets
Seiden Nappa leather seat upholstery
Leather “Sport” steering wheel
Leather shift knob and boot
Front and rear carpet floor mats
Folding front-center armrest
Long center console with rear air vents
Fold-down rear-center armrest
Elm wood inlays for dash, door panels and console

Instrumentation
Backlit instrument cluster with additional gauges (fuel, oil temperature, oil pressure, coolant temperature), red illumination
Light grey instrument faces
Tachometer and electric speedometer (160 mph)
Trip odometer
Active auto check system
Outside temperature gauge
Analog clock

Exterior
Aerodynamic projector beam halogen headlights with integrated fog lights
Headlight washers, retractable
Protective side moldings
Heatable windshield washer nozzles
Alloy wheels, forged 5-spoke design
Body color flush door handles
5 mph bumpers, painted in body color
Rear fog light (integrated in left light cluster)

Safety
Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)
Driver and front passenger air bags, supplemental restraints
3-point front safety belts with height adjustment
Automatic self-tensioning front safety belt system
Rear outboard 3-point safety belts with comfort adjustment
Rear center lap safety belt with retractor
Child safety rear locks

Modifications
Porsche 993 Turbo “Big Red” Brake Calipers w/2 piece cross drilled rotors, BBS CH 18x8.5 Wheels, Front & Rear Stainless Brake Lines, Ferodo Pads, Slotted Rear Rotors, MTM Stage 1 Software, Samco Intercooler Hoses, K&N Filter, H&R Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Drilled Camber Plates, Clear Corner Lamps, Remote Start with Keyless Entry (wired into factory alarm), Ipod dock (wired into stock BOSE stereo). Adds up to over $7,000 paid for parts alone.

History
I am the 3rd owner of the car. The car was originally a Canadian model. The car was left stock by the original owner and dealer maintained. All maintenance by the original owner was documented by the dealer in the section provided in the owners manual. The car was imported in 2001 by the 2nd owner J. S. Under his ownership car was modified and maintained by a local well known audi mechanic (Keith @ Athol Motors 716-824-2276). I bought the car locally in 2006.

My plan for the car after purchase was to completely sort out the car and replace everything worn. I bought the car to drive daily so it had to be reliable. Items that had a chance to leave the car inoperable/stranded were of particular importance since I would be taking it on frequent on long drives downstate. I researched heavily on enthusiast forums on what items were prone to failure that would leave the car inoperable. I quickly found that failures of the crank position sensor and fuel pump were common occurrences with the mileage I had on the car. Both were replaced along with many other wear items.

I have recently had the car off the road to repair the front CV boots. One of the outer boots had a small tear so I decided to replace all boots before any of them failed. I also decided to replace all wear items in the front suspension while I was servicing the car. The car is now completely sorted and ready to go anywhere.

I have the carfax report and it has no reported incidents. The title is clean with no leins.

The paint is clean and glossy, the car was well cared for and garaged for most of its life. It does have small imperfections that I have documented in the pictures.

The car averages around 18 mpg in the city, I recently got 26 mpg on a trip downstate.

Heat works great, both heated seats work great. The previous owner replaced many of the A/C components, but its getting to the point where it needs a recharge but it still blows cold.

Every component on the car is in working order except the outside temperature sensor. The screen does not light up and it needs a sensor. I bought a new sensor but I have not installed it. If you can live without knowing how warm/cold it is outside this wont bother you much. Also the transmission shifts hard into first gear randomly particularly in colder weather. It does not grind and it always goes into gear. It has been this way since I bought the car and I have put over 30,000 miles on it without it getting worse. It also has a quarter size crack in the windshield on the lower passenger side. It has been there since the winter and has not grown so I have not replaced the windshield. If something else is broken on the car I am not aware of it, and I am pretty attentive to the details of the car.

Recent Maintenance
Alignment, ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid Flush, Amsoil GL-4 Transmission Fluid, Mobil 1 Oil Change with Mahle Filter, Pentosin Coolant Flush & Fill,

Timing Belt & Water pump replaced at 86,000 Miles, Audi recommends replacing at 90,000 mile intervals or at 176,000 Miles.

Binder included with car with all records/receipts dating back to original owner.

Recent Replacement Parts
Body Side Moldings, Control Arms, CPS Sensor, Cruise Computer, CV Boots , Dash Bulbs, Dust Boots, Engine Speed Sensor, Fuel Pump, Fuel Lines, Fumoto Valve, Flap Motors, Hood Strut, Ignition Coil, Oil Switch, Outside Air Sensor, Passenger Mirror, Radio Antenna, Rear Calipers, Rear Caliper Carriers, Spark Plugs, Subframe Mounts, Strut Bearings, Tailshaft Seal, Tie Rods, Tires, Thermostat, Wipers, Window Switches. Adds up to over $4,000 in recent replacement parts.

Below is a URS4 buyers guide to inform you if your not familiar with the car, the link is active at

The UrS4/S6 Buyer’s Guide, 2006 Edition :: S-CARS.ORG :: The Audi S1, S2, S3, S4, S5, S6, S8, RS2, RS4, RS6, R8 Enthusiast Web Site… Est. May 8th, 1998

SOLD with BBS wheels, on its way to NJ

God damnit Spencer, you made me read that whole first post, only to find it was sold by the 2nd post, haha. Anyways, congratulations, the car is very nice.

So whats the replacement Spence :snky: Dont want the poopra getting too lonely :ohnoes:

WOW that was fast :tup: Congrats man.

Jeller

Ya congrats on the quick sell. NYSpeed record

haha i read the whole thing… then skipped to sold… funny

im not quite sure what im going to get, I want something more current and less of a maintenance whore. Im in no hurry the supra can get me to work and back for now.

Damn i wanted it so bad. Beautiful car!