FS: 1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Coupe

Subaru
Impreza
2.5RS Coupe
5spd
Blue with flat black thick 5 spoke stock rims

The Good:

runs great, gets good gas mileage (50/50 city/highway, i get about 26mpg). plenty of tread left on all season tires. completely stock and has not been modified, all regularly scheduled maintenance has been performed. the car is extremely reliable, i havent had a problem with it since i purchased it last june. has a new pioneer mp3 cd player installed.

***BRAND NEW FRONT AND REAR PADS AND ROTORS
***FRESH TRANNY FLUID

The Bad:

the paint is mediocre. the rear bumper as has some scuffing, nothing serious, and the front bumber has a number of stone chips, nothing terrible. the car runs choppy when it is cold… it studders a bit under acceleration until it is up to temperature (usually takes about 2 minutes to get up to temp). as soon as it is up to temp, it runs perfectly. about 5 months back, i noticed a small oil leak (about a drop a night on my driveway). i have been tracking it, and oddly enough, the leak stopped about 2 months ago, and has yet to return.

asking 8200 obo

i am willing to entertain offers

FAG

:stuck_out_tongue:

oh shut up and find me a buyer… i am actually looking for a car DOWNGRADE!!! lol. i have become obsessed with saving money.

http://www.kellybluebook.com

thanks? i guess?

im pretty sure most people on here are aware of KBB or edmunds…

I just thought it may help you in the sale of your car. :slight_smile:

maybe u should lower the Price to around 5k, has a bad tranny prob and a oil leak somewhere… so someone buys the car and a month latter the tranny goes and they have to spend a 1k on it… maybe your better off keeping it…http://www.kbb.com/kbb/Selection/Condition.aspx i think he was sayin u should go to KBB your price is WAY TO HIGH even if its Obo

thats a great price…if it had 40k miles.

either way goodluck w/ sale i like these cars

You guys are idiots. KBB don’t apply to these kinds of cars. It’s a very fair asking prce. Ask anyone who’s bought one.

Free bump Sam. Good luck dude. Didn’t even know you had one, haha.

sounds about right. lol. J/K man glws, I seen this car when I bought the eclipse, it looked like it was in pretty good shape :tup:

thanks for the advice, next time i need advice selling a car, i will be sure to pm you so that you can impart your wisdom on me before i post a new thread. :bloated:

the car is listed at 8200.

i am willing to negotiate.

if someone is actually interested in the car, i am more than willing to have a productive conversation and work with them on price.

i love people that say “ohhhh price your car at blue book or under bb to sell it… ohhhhhHhhhHHh”. if i wanted to sell it for blue book, do you think i should list it at bluebook? probably not…

as far as the car having a bad tranny, you must be one hell of a mechanic. no tranny problems at all, shifts great, clutch is great… so for your to diagnose it without seeing/driving the car makes you an incredibly gifted human being. also, the oil leak stopped.

so in other words, the car is listed for what i listed it for.

if you have any of the following things to say, stay the fuck out of my thread:

1. list the car at bluebook
  2. it is listed too high
  3. the tranny is bad because all subaru trannies suck

for all others, thanks for the compliments

in the meantime, if anyone is interested, like i said, i am willing to talk about the price. for now, it remains listed at 8200. i am NOT firm.

do you have any pics hosted or emailable?

unfortunately i have none… and i am out of town on a business trip…

i am going to try to take some pictures of it with my phone when i get home, but i dont have a digital camera… so i dont know useful those will be (resolution sucks on cameraphones).

however, i will be available all saturday and sunday to have anyone come take a look at the car if they would like to.

if you would like to talk over the phone, my number is 716.228.7406

thanks,

sam

Good luck! Free bump.

This car is in good shape like Sam said. It was only here once, and that was when he did the brakes.

thanks for the compliments/luck, guys! it is appreciated.

i am not in any hurry to sell the car, but i think it is something i would like to do. i have another car lined up, something slower, cheaper, and older… with more miles… lol

the only reason i said something about tranny is, a friend a few years back had bought one and the guy that he bought it from stated the same problem, about the car stutering in the cold weather, then about 3 months after him having it, something went real wrong with his Tranny, but your right im prob just real stupid and dont know what the Problen is… my bad man, free bump hope u sell your car quick

thanks… i didnt mean to jump all over you…

i just dont want people to jump to conclusions when they read your post from above. a couple of things i want to point out:

1. just because your friend had a studdering problem and then his tranny blew doesnt mean that the two were causally linked.

2. assuming that by some chance they were linked, it doesnt mean that my car would/could have the same thing happen… the chances of that are remote

3. my studdering problem isnt in cold weather, it is only when the engine isnt up to temp… could be warm or cold out. and i am pretty sure my studdering problem is tune up related (ie plugs, wires, or fuel filter related, perhaps at the worst a fuel pump). but it only happens 1 out of every 4 times i start the car up, and it only lasts a minute or 2 TOPS.

thanks for clarifying though

bump

cars in good shape…freshly inspected too :tup:

if a certain person wouldn’t have been such a tard 3 months ago, this car would have already been sold :stuck_out_tongue:

bump