FS: audi a4 turbo quattro

sold!!!

By the way, i sold the car to my cousin with a partial trade. I will still be tuning this car and hope that you are still around when i post his 11sec timeslip this summer.

yea don … you audi know nothing … :rolljerk:

so let me get this straight, the TAP page says

This car holds the record for being the fastest Audi A4 1.8 Quattro in North America.

and your claiming the car you sold will be just as fast ? …

i call bullshit … you wont make it past 12.3 @ best

Is the motor going to be stock as well?

I don’t doubt the ability to make these cars fast, trust me. Is that a .50/.63 T3/T4? And you expect to hit 11s with that and standalone on a stock motor?

the tapp car had a STOCK 1.8t motor when it cut 11’s. It’s all in the tuning.

His bolt-ons are listed on the site.

I’m asking about your trim.

god get off the guys case allready jesus fucking christ…he said it needed tunning and a standalone and said what it should run based on another car with the same or about the same mods…that would also be with a good driver…and hes right its all in the tunning…plus why cant it be a stock motor??? im sure you guys no every audi in america, then that means it cant be done on a stock motor right? your probally wrong…example…they say max for a ls6 on corvetteforum is 600 wheel guess what theres a couple guys at 700 and even the record being 770 wheel on stock bottem end and hes been at the track and beating the piss out of the car for 6 months before the motor let go…he did it to prove a point…anyways i love the fact how some poepl on this board think they know everything and say “yeah right you wont do it or it cant be done”

Dude, you already proved that your knowledge was limited. The audi electronics are what limit the hp of that platform, not the motor or quattro drivetrain. I’ve already shown you a car that put down 11’s with a gt3071 (aka bb 50trim) and as a matter of fact, we’ve got a 60-1 ready and waiting for when the t3/t4 currently on the car is the bottleneck. Lot’s of dsm’s have gone low 11’s on this same turbo by the way-- with good tuning. I did my research already but have decided to buy an evo instead. Please understand that airflow is everything when making hp. The stock 1.8t can handle 25-26 psi with no problems as long as the a/f is kept in check. I tried to offer you help, but you keep arguing with me and posting bs instead of listening.Please keep an open mind, and do your research.

:funny:

i mean what would darkstarr know about modding a4’s … or chipping the ecu … or hacking audis ecu coding … lol

what does he know about driving a manual car too…hahahahaha

I wasn’t trying to be a smarta$$. It’s just that technology is developing everyday.Sometimes it takes a new idea to break the mold, unfortunately the audi community is too narrowminded sometimes. Unwilling to compromise. And too quick to attack people instead of asking where the facts are coming from.

Sorry if i came off wrong. I’m not looking to start a war,lol:redface:

The audi community is narrowminded. That’s why I don’t talk to many people on the forums anymore. I think you think I’m trying to tear you apart, I’m just trying to figure out how you’re planning on hitting 11s and more specs.

He already sold the car gsx, I’ll ask questions now because I’m curious, it’s not like I’m hindering his sale anyways. As for a manual car, funny guy, considering that’s got nothing to do with it I’ll take it as a cheap shot and move on.

As for my background in Audi tuning, I don’t have much to show. Maybe because I don’t like to show people…everyone expects something for free when you know something they don’t. I mean, I drove a slushbox A4 that I bought when I didn’t know anything about cars. I got the car a few months after I turned 18, and no, mom or dad hate imports so I didn’t get a fucking dime (nor did I need one).

But when I found out I couldn’t mod my A4 past a K04 with blowing the slushbox, I ended up giving up on my thoughts to do a custom job and did a K04. Now that I had a K04 I had no tuning which meant no power. So I tuned it myself.

I’m aware the car’s electronics limits it’s ability to be big turbo’d. But if you have any competant chiptuner, you can easily tune the A4 with a big turbo on an EPROM setup with NO standalone.

Yes, standalone is cheap, and yes it’s the best way to do things these days. But please don’t tell me I’m unwilling to compromise when I’ve taken my completely own path in tuning my own car by learning the ECU and reprogramming it all myself. Since then I’ve met a lot more people then I’d ever imagined, and that’s how I talked to that ex-employee at TAP. I don’t like TAPs work, sorry. I’ve heard a lot of stories first-hand from people that tune and are close to me, and it’s not pretty.

But hey, I don’t really know what I’m talking about or anything. :wink:

I’ll say this, and then to continue the conversation let’s go to another forum cuz i don’t want the mods to get pissed ok?

I hope that you are not confusing TAP with TAPP?? The guy at TAPP does use the factory ecu to tune his a4. But he also has a custom maf meter and dials his eprom in from his laptop. The cost of getting an eprom done, dialed and tuned in by him together with the custom maf meter makes good sense if you are setting up your car 1 time. Once you factor in upgrading turbos/injectors/cams etc you become limited to what the factory ecu is capable of–unless the ecu is sent back. This lack of tuning on the fly is why a set-up like 034-efi or autronic is much better suited for the car. The lack of an air meter alone can sometimes put down another 20-30hp as proven by alot of dsm/evo guys who have switched to aem. My friend Sean Ivey tuned a 1.8t with built bottom to 450whp with a gt35r,1000cc injectors at only 29psi!!! Staying away from knock is how you’ll keep those factory rods happy.

The 50trim that’s currently on the car flows well over 45lbs per minute. All you need to go 11’s is 350-360awhp. This turbo can put that down easily with about 30-34 psi on c16 with water injection. I do agree that this is not the best turbo for this much hp with all of the advanced trims available, but i bought the car with it. I was determined to keep pushing this turbo till it failed. Again, plenty of dsm’s have gone better than 11.50’s with this turbo and actually the a4 is easily 100lbs lighter!

Please start a thread somewhere else on this website so we can continue this conversation and maybe some other audi fans can read along as we break-down the build-up of an 11sec a4. I’ll be sure to post plenty of links that back my research. By the way, i don’t think that triptronic is as bad as you think. Some beefed up internals from an s4 along with a custom convertor- and your a4 should be much quicker than the 5speed cars.