FS: BFG 8800GTX OC2 Graphics Card

Just upgraded to an SLI setup with 2 260’s so I don’t need this card anymore. Heres a link to pics + specs.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2935588&CatId=2513

I have some of the accessories that came with the card (hdtv adapter, power adapters) no manual or original box but the manual can be found on BFG’s website and the drivers can be downloaded directly from nvidia (drivers on the disc are outdated anyway).

$75

Bump for a nice old skool card.

PC 3dmark 06 scores now! post a quick Proc type/speed, memory, mobo too.

I am vamping up my rig and want to know what compitition i have. :slight_smile:

Yes, bump for a nice card. If it was PCI xPress 2.0 x16 I’d take it (I like to keep everything uniform) for my SLi.

As for competition:

• 26" Samsung 720p LCD TV
  • GIGABYTE GA-X38T-DQ6 Motherboard
  • Intel Q9550 CPU (2.83Ghz Quad)
  • 4GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 1600 Memory
  • 780W OCZ ModXStream OCZ780MXS PSU
  • MSI NVidia GeForce GTX 260 (replaced my 2yr old 8800Ultra for free - :thumbup)
  • 1TB Seagate SATA HDD
  • 2 18x DVD±RW SATA drives
  • HDD and Memory Coolers

No 3dmark scores unfortunatley as the card is no longer installed in my computer, although it was able to play all of the modern games with no problems, this was also while hooked up to my 52" LCD TV running at full 1080p. It also plays 1080p .mkv blu-ray rips with no playback problems at all.

For competition:

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
EVGA 680i LT Motherboard
OCZ Platinum 3gb 800mhz DDR2 memory
2 BFG GTX260 graphics cards in SLI
Corsair 850w PSU
Intel Q6600 Core2 Quad Processor
300gb WD Velociraptor 10k RPM Hard Drive (for OS, games)
2 500gb WD 7200RPM Hard drives (for media)
CoolerMaster HAF full tower case with 3 240mm fans.

3Dmark06 that rig, I want to know how it score with an SLI’d 260 setup.

How would you exspect to SLi two completely different GPU’s?

From what I understand, you don’t have to have the exact same GPU (ie. 2 GTX260’s). I even double checked quickly since you bring it up, and I couldn’t find anything to suggest otherwise. Although, I’ve never considered SLI’ing since I usually just get the best card available and that’s more than enough. My GTX260 is enough, but for the price KrazyKid posted and this one, I had to consider it.

As long as your hardware is SLi-able, you should be good. No? I’m sure it’s BEST to SLI two matching cards, but I’m sure it would function and SLI fine if you SLI’ed slightly varying NVidia chipsets. Or am I thinking of Crossfire? lol.

You’re thinking of crossfire. For SLI the cards don’t have to be from the same manufacturer, but they have to be the same model.

Oh. Okay.

Although I’ve been in the IT business since I was 16…I’m new to Overclocking, 64-bit, and SLi/Crossfire since I’ve never had to do any of those (due to me buying the best available) or use (do to my company not supporting it).

Good to know. Good luck with the sale.

Even crossfire using diff GPU’s should not be done as it does have compaitibility and stability issues

With SLi as stated the GPU’s have to be the same, but the manufacture doesnt matter