FS GT28R

I have talked to a local rebuild company off garretts site. They are located in Rochestor. I also talked to a guy in Penn. Both Said with a rebuild it will be 800-900 $. The gt’s are rebuildable.

Garrett DBB exchanged program will have that turbo good as new for 500$ plus shipping so long as the exhaust will is good and the bearings are good they will accept it

for the DBB program to work you must have 2 of the 3 parts usable

1 - turbine wheel
2- compressor wheel
3- bearing section itself.

i just had my old 3071R chra replaced under the DBB program due to a bearing housing cracking.

Very true
1.The turbine wheel is fine. There are no missing fins. 2.And the bearing section is fine as well.

I think he means the turbine wheels needs to be useable. WHile its not missing any fins the comperssor wheel its fooked

is the exhaust wheel still okay? if so then from what brett said this turbo still qualifies

in which case good deal on the turbs, I had not known of garetts program for shit like this

laduke replied very clearly to my post. your post makes me :crazy

yea im an idiot… Iwas typeing while on the phone at work and did not read clearly and mixed up turbine as the comrpessor wheel…

dont mind me

multitasking champion ?

AKA I thought the turbine wheel was the compressor wheel until I searched it.

:rofl:rofl

Bump

Last day its up on here . Will be soon posted on ebay

Not true…have one as a paperweight right meow…cheaper to buy new.

Not true , gt28r goes for like 1200-1400 depending where you shop. Thats for a brand new one.

less than that. but still for 100 + the DBB exchange its less than new.

would be neeeeasty for a twincharged eeemr2. cant do it now though.

bump and GLWS for a good sport

do they do the exchange for anyone or is it just for the original purchaser? have we established that this turbo is eligible?

well its not new, so it should be less

No idea

you must have an Authorized Garrett dealer submit it for you to Garrett for inspection. if garrett deems it a viable canidate for the DBB exchange program, then you go from there. its 500$ flat fee when i did it. they didnt ask for receipts or anything of that sort. a place like Synapse should be able to partake in the program. but if not i know a place who can

and no kidding it should be cheaper. your hilarious. really. but with a new CHRA is not worse than new for 500$ less.

Good info

not trying to be funny. but it looks like you are. :thumb

Ok…have a gt28R, spoke to garret and Morgan about it. The new center section is 850…I paid 775 for the turbo new about ten years ago. Which means to replace it i would have to pay for a new CHRA…which is more than i paid for the turbo. See how i did that?
Not to mention the gt-28r is no longer in demand…so center sections are hard to come by…I know because when i toasted mine i looked into rebuilding it and found very little.