Loacal turbo rebuilding

Don’t get too excited its only a t28 but maybe you guys can help. As of right now its either cheapturbos.com or majestic turbos that I’m considering for my rebuild. They both charge about $250 and have great reputations with the SR20 crowd (translate to 4G63, or 4AG, or B16/18, or LS1, or 13B, or VG30, or Vortech, or whatever crowd you hang with’s conventional wisdom). I figure there has to be at least one good diesel shop that rebuilds turbos and can beat the price and avoid shipping in the area that I don’t know about.

ask BETRAYED93 he had a turbo rebuilt somewere and i think it turned out pretty good.

talk to boostjunkie. he does all the turbos for his g-bodies right???

not positive but for somereason i want to say that he rebuilds all of the turbo’s for his rides.

Originally posted by flyinglow57
talk to boostjunkie. he does all the turbos for his g-bodies right???

not positive but for somereason i want to say that he rebuilds all of the turbo’s for his rides.

yep

I have a really nice, recently rebuilt Garrett turbo of some kind. I know it either came off of a 1g or 2g Talon/Eclipse. It’s beautiful. I got it for $40, so if you wanted to give me $40 and a six-pack of Yuengling for it, that’d work for me. I can meet you somewhere so you can check it out, if you like.

He showed me the receipt from Mitsubishi for the rebuild and it was like $1100. I guess he needed some quick cash.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Michael, if its a 2nd gen dsm which is a Garrett t25 then I might be able to use it for the t25 that I have on the car now. I’ve heard the center sections are interchangeable. The housings are different but they can be swapped over pretty easily. I am definately interested so please let me know when you find out.

i’ve had 4 turbo’s now done at Bolland Machine in Chippawa. Good guys, they know more about the big ass drag turbo’s (b/c its mostly diesel stuff) than anything, but he could rebuild ya no prob. www.whitepages.com