who rebuilds turbos locally

who rebuilds turbos locally? I know boxersix does but i cant get ahold of him and he probably doesnt have time anyway. Its a holset hx35 , i changed the bearings in it and all seemed fine until second start up shit went south, oil blew out the back… i just need someone to do it once and right.

I wonder if hunts machine shop does? They do all kinds of motor work, its worth a shot.

thanks man, hunts doesnt but he gave me a number to d&w diesel in latham. going to give them a try. they do free estimates, sounds good to me.

Tims Turbos hes in Virgina but he dose out standing work. http://www.timsturbos.com/

Glad I could help. Let us know how they do.

go on garretts site. They list out some people that do rebuilds. They are NOT cheap ! . You should look into getting another turbo if you are planning on going a diff route soon. I got quoted for about 700 .00 for a blown 28r by several places !!!

That turbo is so cheap that it would probably cost the same price that a new one would.

Rebuilds are cheap lol, call some diesel shops.

i dropped it off at D&W diesel, they sent it out to their main shop in auburn for free estimate. He did say they stock brand new hx35s for 750, i do expect to pay about half that. Thats not bad considering they will tell me exactly whats up for free, dissasemble/clean, probably order a new comp wheel , put it together and balance it. It will be good as new and half the price. Also la duke i think holsets would be cheaper/easier to rebuild since they are bigger, more durable pieces… snap rings arent microscopic… it also seems that smaller turbos toast center sections beyond repair when they blow which makes them pointless or really expensive to correct. Once thats smoked yea you might as well move on.

Yeah Holset FTW

You have to replace the CHRA on that turbo… it’s not rebuildable like a journal bearing unit. Different story…