Turbo Rebuilding

Any places around here that rebuild turbos?

I just installed a used RB25 turbo and the bearings are a little noisy. I don’t know how long it’s going to last.

Pretty sure Boxersix could take care of it for you.

I assume Adam sends them out.

IIRC he has the tools in-house to do it.

I’m still trying to find a solid answer on NICO about whether or not the turbo is rebuildable. I don’t know exactly what type of bearings it has. I do have my old one if he wants to check it out and see what parts it need.

PM BoxerSix - he will have all the answers to your questions.

PM sent. If you want to send me the tag numbers off the units(both of them) I can tell you exactly what turbo/trim they are, pending no second hand modifications have been done(porting, clipping, etc)

And yes all tools in house, including VSR balance machine. I used to a lot of turbo rebuilding in the past Shawn, but as the prices came down on core units and new/REM center sections the market dropped off considerably. I now just do it on turbos that customers request or need inspection, it’s no longer a main section of my business.

Sounds good Adam, I’ll PM those numbers off to you in a day or so.

Thanks

Wow. My apologies. I thought you’d outsource that given the cost of the tools.

Ah no apologies needed. It’s not a business I dwell a whole lot of time into these days and most don’t even know I do it anymore.