Or hire: Rebuilt Kit for Holset Turbo (HX35 - should be same for most holsets)

Ok, so i just made the trip back and i may have had an oil pressure issue with the turbo and now it needs to be rebuilt (lil bit of shaft play, and oil sitting behind heat shield on hotside)

anyone have one or know where i can pick one up locally???

Thanks

Contact jusmx141 on dsmtuners.com He recently rebuild my friends 35R for $270 which included shipping.

ive gone through him before, but i want to do this rebuild myself. since just the seals/bearings need to be done (wheels are fine,theres not much play at all in the shaft either, no in/out) but im doing a stroker build right now w/ twin scroll t4 manifold and a ts hx40, i dont want to dump 300$ on a turbo that i wont be using past august, and i only paid 150 for…

plus, with all the vids and tutorials online, (and the fact that diesel people can do it lol j/k) i think i got this!

Are you sure it is a component balanced turbo and not assembly balanced? If I recall correctly most of the Holsets are assembly balanced and would be a waste of your time to rebuild it yourself just to fail agaiin.

i have a h1c for sale

the holsets are assembly balanced, but everything ive read online is to just make sure you mark/scribe the parts before you take it apart.

and unf i dont want to buy a new turbo…unless its around the price of the rebuild kit :wink:

you can get a factory rebuild kit on ebay for like 45$ or less or something, or order off their site

ive heard bad things on the bae kits that are sold on ebay from jusmx141 on dsmtuners though, so i was trying to avoid them and see what other options there were.

but after measuring the shaft play, its less than 1mm of side to side play from one extreme to the other, with zero in/out, so i think im gonna just rock it as it is with the, newly, ported ofh and .062 restrictor until i get the t4 manifold and hx40…

Yeah, you’ll be fine lol. Just rock it as is

when i felt it with the turbo installed in the car it felt like a lot more, but when i had all the housings off, i was moving it and noticed neither wheel was really moving , and when i measured it, there wasnt much at all…i was just thinking the worst, but now that ive got the ball rolling on the new setup, eff it…